What's it like to burn out? (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I was just curious about what it feels like to :burn: out?

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not that it has happened to me and I hope that it does not happen at least while I am completing my HSC. But I would assume it is when you get to a point where it is all to much you cant continue working\studying at the same pace, you loose hope and therefore burn our

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Bad. Very, very bad. You don't want to do anything, you can't motivate yourself to do anything, and you get a "**** it all" attitude. I was so close to burnout at the end of last year due to a massively busy Term 3, holidays, and Term 4, and I just didn't want to work at all. I was mentally exhausted, I procrastinated, I found it hard to do work in class, and I just wasn't motivated whatsoever. Trust me... it's not a pleasant feeling. There's a conflict between the side of your mind that wants to do well, and the side that says bugger you, I'm tired and I want to go to bed for a month. Thank God for this holiday... I sure needed it.

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i burnt out once during my prelims but luckily it went away not long after. Practically you find it very hard to concentrate and i actually became REALLY depressed. Studying then starts to become HEAPS frustrating and instead of seeing it as benefiting you, you would see it as more of being a chore. i almost burntout again at the end of term 4 as well, as i had 2 tests on the last week while i was bloddy sick and i was so tired from everything else.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
You feel like ending it all, it gets so depressing and you feel as if you can't do anything right. Like all the walls around you are closing you in and suffocating you to a slow and painful death.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I don't know what its like coz I never did
Just don't
Year 12 is the best year of your schooling life
Enjoy it:)

Pace_T

HSC
yeah goan_crazy is right
its definately the best year of school
i never burned out coz i did nothing in yr 11 and so in yr 12 i could properly start studying. well first term of 2005 i started anyway :p
but ive had friends who burnt out and they were really unmotivated and weren't focused. for some ppl it only lasts a few days or even less so they're lucky

nwatts

HSC
Well I did. It's just like super stressed, super tired, zero motivation to study, no motivation to even go to school, suddenly you're content with being a garbage collector, you hate all your friends/family for no reason.

rama_v

HSC
I dunno cause I never had it, but prevention is the best cure :D
Just enjoy Year 12, because you will never have the same amount of fun ever again in your life as you will this year.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
rama_v said:
I dunno cause I never had it, but prevention is the best cure :D
Just enjoy Year 12, because you will never have the same amount of fun ever again in your life as you will this year.
hey rama. haha
how ya been XD
from ur school (mitchell high! :p ) .. didn't u get like 99.35 or sumin ,.. haha. nice work! ;)
__

on topic:

i think i was on the verge of burning out during prelim.
mainly coz the newly added stress of having to go to extension maths in the morning.
and believe me; there's nothing worse than having to wake up about 6am in the morning for maths ... .

i think i was burnt out just before the school ceritificate... constant studying due to pressure of parents, etcs.
therefore; i just switched off. my head felt like it was overloading with too much crap. head swimming in the clouds; couldn't concentrate.

but luckily i pulled myself back together with a final effort to scrape by with mediocre results.

pressure from aprents also add to the likelihood of burning out. my parents are like "ur sisters did very good; we expect u to do better". .. adding to the stress of having to meet up to their expectations - -;;

soon i'll be growing white hair from stress ... haha

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
hey rama. haha
how ya been XD
from ur school (mitchell high! :p ) .. didn't u get like 99.35 or sumin ,.. haha. nice work! ;)
__

on topic:

i think i was on the verge of burning out during prelim.
mainly coz the newly added stress of having to go to extension maths in the morning.
and believe me; there's nothing worse than having to wake up about 6am in the morning for maths ... .

i think i was burnt out just before the school ceritificate... constant studying due to pressure of parents, etcs.
therefore; i just switched off. my head felt like it was overloading with too much crap. head swimming in the clouds; couldn't concentrate.

but luckily i pulled myself back together with a final effort to scrape by with mediocre results.

pressure from aprents also add to the likelihood of burning out. my parents are like "ur sisters did very good; we expect u to do better". .. adding to the stress of having to meet up to their expectations - -;;

soon i'll be growing white hair from stress ... haha
man that sucks that you have really strict parents. mine don`t put any real pressure on me.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I don't know what its like coz I never did
Just don't
Year 12 is the best year of your schooling life
Enjoy it:)
Take Joe's advice ppl!!! it is the best year of your schooling life!! :)
btw i burnt out nearly all of yr 11 lol only for certain subjex tho like math!!!

its a touchy subject.... whoever gets into that stage, i hope you get out of it and b fine :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
Take Joe's advice ppl!!! it is the best year of your schooling life!! :)
btw i burnt out nearly all of yr 11 lol only for certain subjex tho like math!!!

its a touchy subject.... whoever gets into that stage, i hope you get out of it and b fine :)
bleh i hate maths -___- lol.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
worst subject ever maths!! lolz... for me that is... i look up to the ppl that do the ext 1 and ext 2 maths.... althought i dont do any math anymore... :( lolz

are u in for an early wake up tomoor for ur lectures? my mate that i met has to b up by 5 lolz

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
i would have dropped maths and picked up ancient. how stupid of me not too ><" hmm prob get up around 7. takes around 15-30min max for me to get to the city from where i live.

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
lucky u!!! lolz takes a whole hour for me :(... but aye them lectures were realli good.... i like it alot!

enjoy tomroos lecture...

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
lucky u!!! lolz takes a whole hour for me :(... but aye them lectures were realli good.... i like it alot!

enjoy tomroos lecture...
oh, where abouts do you live? uhmm yeah i hope i do as well ! for some reason i feel thats it gonna just drag on and on ..

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
to be exact.. Canley Heights... near Fairfield west area.... south west sydney REPRESENT lolz... remind me never to say that ever agian :S

where abouts are u situated?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mr. Sabuncuoglu said:
to be exact.. Canley Heights... near Fairfield west area.... south west sydney REPRESENT lolz... remind me never to say that ever agian :S

where abouts are u situated?
lidcombe. not so far from you lol.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
burning out = baaaaaaad karma. not fun. it sorta happened to me during prelims, i just thought "fuck this" and had no motivation at ALL to keep studying. thankfully it happened towards the end or i would have been screwed over.

i think if you burn out a good way to get out of it is find some way to laugh at your situation. what i did was instead of writing a proper practice essay for english ext, i wrote a parody version that basically let out everything i was feeling and ended up being hilarious enough to motivate me to actually work. just like one of my friends who was getting frustrated with finding motifs in Skrzynecki's poems went and found all these fake ones like "tiny violins playing in the background" etc. humour is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)