What's it like to burn out? (1 Viewer)

LostAuzzie

HSC
Happened to me right after Preliminary Half-Yearlies, and lasted about 8weeks.
It's different for everyone to some degree, but basically for me there was no motivation for anything school related, felt like just sleeping through classes, retained virtually no information from classes and had to spend a few days of the holidays teaching it all to myself (once I got my motivation back)
As others said you dont want this to happen to you, best way to prevent it is to manage your time well so that your not studying too much, maybe with the help of a timetable.
If you do burn out however, picture yourself getting the marks you want and tell yourself "it's just one more year (or however long) and then i'm free"

HSC
After prelims i got fed up with school. I tried for first half of term four last year (my first year 12 term), but halfway through i just stopped trying. Its depressing, my marks went down and i had no motivation. I guess thats kinda burnign out. I stopped working so my work has piled up and i told myself id do it during these holidays. But what do u know, ive spent the entire holidays procrastinating and not a bit of my work has gotten done. I hate not being motivated. Anyone got any tips on how i can get re-motivated? lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insanelysane said:
After prelims i got fed up with school. I tried for first half of term four last year (my first year 12 term), but halfway through i just stopped trying. Its depressing, my marks went down and i had no motivation. I guess thats kinda burnign out. I stopped working so my work has piled up and i told myself id do it during these holidays. But what do u know, ive spent the entire holidays procrastinating and not a bit of my work has gotten done. I hate not being motivated. Anyone got any tips on how i can get re-motivated? lol
well we can't tell you how to get motivated as it's different for most people. but a suggestion is that you start pushing yourself really hard and try your hardest to get a top mark for a upcoming assessment. that should bring some motivation back into you. also going to a libarey or working around people who work really hard also works. try to study for at least 1-2hr a day. doing that on a regular basis will make you feel great as you know you have achieved something. if i don't do some sort of work on a daily basis i feel guilty and like a piece of shit and then the workload will just build up and up. at the moment i don't feel motivated at all. i just want to spend this last week doing nothing but i know i can't. and hey you got about one week left, if you spend it effectively and do one subject a day you get through it all ! and hey i've been procrastinating a LOT. if i habn't wasted my time i would have finished all my revision like 1 or 2 weeks ago ! you just have to push yourself and with practice you get use to it and it will become easier and easier. i still find it heaps hard ..

after i finished my prelims i didnt want to do jack at all but that feeling went away once term4 started, so yeah hopefully you be fine when school starts. good luck with everything and if you need any help just pm me =]

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
You could say I 'burnt' out after trials--I had a very successful but stressful Term 2, and then there was just this entire year's worth of work to remember for trials, to be revised over the course of three weeks (July holidays). I couldn't work at all for the next three weeks, which was just enough to make me cram like hell during the externals. I was just bumming around, doing nothing. But not depressed or anything like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)