What's more time consuming...? (1 Viewer)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
The uni work load is MUCH larger, but I still feel like I have alot of free time. I would say the hsc, but that's because I was at school 5 days a week. Now im only at uni 12 hours a week so it seems less time consuming, but I spend time at home and in the library studying/doing readings.

It's just a change and you will adapt very quickly.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
i found uni's way more time consuming as you have to put in continuous effort to keep on top of your work, plus the way tutes work, they force you to keep on top of your work (eg. 5% assesable tute tests for the last 2 weeks worth of material). so definitely uni.

Erisus

December Member
HSC
HSC sucked...and If uni sucks more...Ill soo go Virginia Tech at my uni

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Erisus said:
HSC sucked...and If uni sucks more...Ill soo go Virginia Tech at my uni
Thank god you go UTS. :)
Heck do 3 virginia techs for all i care :)

boris

Banned
HSC
Dude, what work load in the HSC?

Uni work load > HSC by 19082379836593769!!!

boris

Banned
HSC
No dice man. Just coz you're doing teaching, all my friends doing teaching (especially primary teaching) are like "omg man, 9 hours a week? how will i cope?"

No dice.

antisheep

HSC
Last year i was in a bludgy arts degree and the workload was STILL like triple that of the HSC... the thing is with the HSC is you could easily fake it around assessment time and before the exams... With uni, there's no faking it. You have to put in the work and actually understand the material, not just regurgitate it, to get the great marks.

boris

Banned
HSC
Lets put it like this;
if you put in the amount of time required to excel at uni rather than pass, you'll find your studying load to be HUGE.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Uni will feel like less time than the HSC because of the contact/class time. Most degrees only have 12-15 hours per week for a full time load, so it will feel like you are bludging the other time. You'll have a lot of work outside of class, also studying, reading, etc etc so it all adds up. The work will probably he harder than the HSC as well. Hence, Uni is probably > the HSC

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Uni for me, i have 6 days a week at uni at two diff campuses :( The work load is more consuming as i'm a Sci Adv student with extra assignments, tasks, research project, maintaining a min GPA, etc.

It really depends what your studying and what marks you wana achieve at uni.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
I can agree that uni would be harder in some ways but the thing is you chose the course.
Because you had chosen the course means that you wanted to do it so it is basiclly something you would enjoy doing, well for some people anyway.
I can understand how some courses would be really hard so you wouldnt really enjoy it.

Last edited:

goony

i am here to ride bike
HSC
Most courses at uni (if you are actually interested in/motivated to study the course) are designed to be easy to pass but hard to excel in (i.e. distinctions and higher).

I'd say uni is more time consuming for me, but in retrospect i did shit all in high school until just after the trials.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Erisus said:
wtf Wooz...what are u trying to accomplish dude?
Nothing it's just the course man, 6 days a week coz we have an anatomy practical on Sat which can't be done at my home campus and additional tasks and exams goes with any Sci Adv student at any uni.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
uni is more time consuming for me because of travelling every day, but if i lived closer it'd be a breeze.

if you want to do exceptionally well you gotta put in more effort than high school, though it's usually easy to pass.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Uni.
Many of the units i've done have packed the equivalent of what seems like ~2 HSC subjects worth of material into a single 1 semester unit.

Also, you could essentially bs your way through the hsc. Uni you can't so much, you have to actually understand the material if you want half decent marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)