What's so special about B. Sci/ Master of Nutrition? (1 Viewer)

flashtrick

Gap year? If only...
HSC
Looking up on the Usyd website, this course has its own page for future undergraduates. The ATAR cut-off is also higher than regular Bachelor of Science.

Can't most people enroll into Master of Nutrition after they've finished their Bachelor of Science?
By the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like there's much difference between doing a regular B. Sci degree then doing Master of Nutrition afterwards compared to doing the Bachelor of Science/ Masters of Nutrition combination that Usyd also offers?

Also, anyone doing this course? How many compulsory contact hours do you have a week? (I would most likely skip lectures if it meant an extra off-day)

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
I don't know about that course, but I THINK doing a straight B Science/Master of Nutrition will guarantee you to get accepted into the masters as long as you pass all the subjects. Also, you won't have to apply and pay again via the UAC after completing your undergraduate study. I might be wrong on the first part, but I'm 100% sure that I'm correct on the 2nd part.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know about that course, but I THINK doing a straight B Science/Master of Nutrition will guarantee you to get accepted into the masters as long as you pass all the subjects. Also, you won't have to apply and pay again via the UAC after completing your undergraduate study. I might be wrong on the first part, but I'm 100% sure that I'm correct on the 2nd part.
Yep, this is also my impression.

madharris

HSC
N/A
The ATAR cut-off is also higher than regular Bachelor of Science.
they don't accept many people which is why the cut off is so high

Can't most people enroll into Master of Nutrition after they've finished their Bachelor of Science?
By the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like there's much difference between doing a regular B. Sci degree then doing Master of Nutrition afterwards compared to doing the Bachelor of Science/ Masters of Nutrition combination that Usyd also offers?
Yeah this is correct. As long as you do the right subjects/majors, you can enroll into the masters degree afterwards

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Looking up on the Usyd website, this course has its own page for future undergraduates. The ATAR cut-off is also higher than regular Bachelor of Science.

Also, anyone doing this course? How many compulsory contact hours do you have a week? (I would most likely skip lectures if it meant an extra off-day)
Basically it's a guaranteed entry into the Masters component as long as you obtain a credit average SciWam... also you are guaranteed a CSP, which means you are saving a considerable about of money for the 2 years of your Masters Degree. The BSc/MNutrDiet is quite restricted though, you are only allowed to do 2 electives outside of science faculty and must follow through which most 1st year and meet the requirements to register on the DAA... but if you're into Nutrition and Dietetics it would make sense to follow a similar course cos you need to know biochem and physiology as a dietitian.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)