whats the best way 2 ge ova sumone? (1 Viewer)

Mono!

HSC
hey all
just wondering if any1 is willing 2 give me pointer on how 2 get ova sum1?
thanx

HSC
N/A
Do things that will take your mind off - eg if you're a girl call up your best girlfriends for some retail therapy. :) Take up a new hobby. Join a uni or high school club/society thing. Do extra shifts at work. Alternatively, you can spend time alone - but if you find yourself getting mopey and totally over-analysing things, go out and do stuff! :)

DON'T give into the drinky-drinky. Ultimately it's only going to make everything worse - if this means you have to give all your grog to a friend to hold onto (or drink up) until they've decided you're over it, then that's what happens.

EDIT: Just remembered. One of my friends told me once that it's perfectly healthy to have a "grieving" period (lying on your bed, listening to sad songs etc)... but set a reasonable date when you are going to STOP and get over it, and move on :)

sarevok

HSC
carve her name into your arm and write tedious self-piyting paeans about her on livejournal

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
You could always break something or beat your pillow to let all your negative emotions out. Set a date for the grieving period as glitterfairy said, but try not to lock yourself indoors feeling sorry about yourself, go out and stay active. You could write your ex a letter without sending it or go drinking with your mates. If your ex was a bitch, then stay cool and plot your revenge.

katy-g

HSC
Mono! said:
hey all
just wondering if any1 is willing 2 give me pointer on how 2 get ova sum1?
thanx
I know most of people will disagree with me about this, but seriously... a transition partner works wonders. Even just a F/B perhaps, but i know, from experience... it took at least 2 rebound guys for me to totally move on from my boyfriend of 11 months...

And then after that i met my boy who i am with now... and am just utterly in love with. And my ex and i are now friends, and i know thats all i want from him.

It did take time, and it does take distraction. Dont think about him, dont think about what you shared. And as Carrie Bradshaw would advise "Break up Rule Number One: Destroy all evidence where he looks sexy.... and you look happy."

Find comfort in your friendships as well. Allow yourself to be independant and express yourself. No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you'll never get through it without your friends.

bassqueen16

HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Use a ladder
haha very clever, not... this is why its so hard to get over ppl, others whove never been in that position so they think your being unreasonable.. well your not! If you need a rebound partner, get one, if u need to drink up, do it but as said previously, make sure u have a time when u stop and move on, its natural to need time to get over something, and u should take it!good luck poster!

Dr_Doom

HSC
Actually I have been in this situation... Like the chicks just can't get over me. What should I do?

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Dr_Doom said:
Actually I have been in this situation... Like the chicks just can't get over me. What should I do?

jsut root em casually

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
just think of all the flaws about him, maybe things he did/said/acted that you didnt like.. and play them up think about those bad things and how u can find some1 better.. lol

delete all memorabilia of him!

shyr

HSC
don't ponder much about the past. learn to forget. move on. go out and party with your friends. have fun. learn a new sport. get rid of the things that reminds you of that person.

good luck

Mono!

HSC
thanx sum other were more helpful than others needlessly though

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
sarevok said:
carve her name into your arm and write tedious self-piyting paeans about her on livejournal
Tell me why you would write a paean? You would be praisingly thankful for your self-pity.

Another one of those people who say things to sound smart or simply made a mistake?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
glitterfairy said:
DON'T give into the drinky-drinky. Ultimately it's only going to make everything worse - if this means you have to give all your grog to a friend to hold onto (or drink up) until they've decided you're over it, then that's what happens.
Lies, lies, lies, LIES.

Booze is the best medicine.

boon

HSC
Love is just an elusion
Open your eyes and look past it

If you cant have a drink and it will help you

Lennie

Start going to a gym. Seriously... You start feeling better in so many ways.

Alternatively, you could shop, or find a bunch of mates who are willing to bitch about the said person.

G

genavania

try not to talk to them much for a bit. you might say lets be friends but it doesnt really work like that often. keep your distance. dont SMS them like u would if you were still together and keep remembering why it ended and dont forget it or u will get more upset.

goodluck :)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
My ex and I broke up last november, but I still love her, and the only advice I can give is don't talk to her for a while.. even though that hasn't really helped me, I think it helps most people.
Sometimes it's really hard to get over long relationships, or relationships where you stuffed up, and would do anything to go back and start again. I know that I'm suffering from both cases, and I'm just screwing myself over because I can't (and maybe deep down inside won't) get over my ex.
The last thing you want to do is go see her, because all it will do is make things worse.
Like genavania said, just don't talk for a while. In my case though, remembering why it ended is the reason why I can't get over her, so sometimes it doesn't always work, but from what my friends tell me, my case is pretty unusual, so you probably shouldn't listen to my advice. :p

goodluck buddy, hope I could help.

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
i find rebounds are good to ease you off the grieving period.

as long as you dont take the rebound seriosuly and get urself in the same fuked up position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)