whats the best way 2 ge ova sumone? (1 Viewer)

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
Tuggi3 said:
i find rebounds are good to ease you off the grieving period.
'The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.'

Totally didn't work for me, just made me feel worse.

arrested development
HSC
ilovedyoupiggy said:
have sex with someone else.
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!! Your sig! <3

CAN WE PLEASE GET MARRIED!!!?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

arrested development
HSC
sja said:
Zoe my love, let me introduce you to my friend, food :D
OMG COOOOOOL! You like being thrown up on, do you? :)

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
Mono! said:
hey all
just wondering if any1 is willing 2 give me pointer on how 2 get ova sum1?
thanx
You get over someone by doing a bos search on the topic.

jonathan__

HSC
I haven't read previous replies so dun tell me off if it's been sed..but, as quoted in One Tree Hill "...by getting under sumone else" haha

sja

dingleberry
HSC
you have to deal with it. it's like trying to sleep when you have insomnia. the more you think about it, the more you're never going to get to sleep.

granted, you can always get hooked on a new hobby. i think going to the gym is the best option because you can release your tension and anger with weights, boxing or cardio. look what i accidentally did to my hands when i was 'getting over something' in my attached picture.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
sarevok said:
carve her name into your arm and write tedious self-piyting paeans about her on livejournal
IronMaiden said:
Tell me why you would write a paean? You would be praisingly thankful for your self-pity.

Another one of those people who say things to sound smart or simply made a mistake?
Will this douche ever reply? Or did I own him to hard.

sarevok

HSC
IronMaiden said:
Will this douche ever reply? Or did I own him to hard.
i got the term wrong, am now aware of its meaning and thanks. :) my academic achievements are enough proof of my intelligence and i don't see the need to wax intellectual to anonymous students. in any case, i think we can discern who is needing the ego boost here, given the pathetic internet tough guy act over a matter of misplaced semantics, and the obvious need of applause for your brilliant 'ownership'. do you get smacked around at school or something?

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
I was kind of pissed off you took the whole cutting yourself thing lightly. I know people who are in counselling for that sought of shit and they did it just to be 'emo'.
I don't think it's a joke and encouraging others who are in shitty situations to cut themselves isn't nice either.

sarevok

HSC
IronMaiden said:
I was kind of pissed off you took the whole cutting yourself thing lightly. I know people who are in counselling for that sought of shit and they did it just to be 'emo'.
I don't think it's a joke and encouraging others who are in shitty situations to cut themselves isn't nice either.
this forum isn't the most PC place and if you were offended then i a pologise. better if you had attacked that in the first place then someone's misuse of a word, which makes you only look like a bad troll

msmadden

Class of 2005
HSC
I was once told the best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else.

Seeing as I am currently getting over someone myself, I have decided that advice is not true for me.. but for some SURE.

Basically, do whatever it takes to keep you happy. Remember what it was you loved before you even knew him/her and indulge in that. Be generous to yourself, if you have to up your usual budget then do it.

Surround yourself with friends. My best friend has been an excellent support right now and just being around her helps me forget it all, even when she talks about how great her brand new relationship is.

Go and and let loose. When you drinking, pilling and dancing the night away who has time to think about a mean boy/girl?

Most importantly though, know that you're gonna grieve. Be prepared for depression, sadness, anger.. the whole array. Know that its gonna happen, let it happen and then move on.

Draw on negatives from the relationship so that you can recognise you are better for not being in it.

It takes time..but you get there. You'll have good days and bad and it might take a long time.. but it'll happen.

nwatts

HSC
msmadden said:
I was once told the best way to get over someone, is to get under someone else.

Seeing as I am currently getting over someone myself, I have decided that advice is not true for me.. but for some SURE.

Basically, do whatever it takes to keep you happy. Remember what it was you loved before you even knew him/her and indulge in that. Be generous to yourself, if you have to up your usual budget then do it.

Surround yourself with friends. My best friend has been an excellent support right now and just being around her helps me forget it all, even when she talks about how great her brand new relationship is.

Go and and let loose. When you drinking, pilling and dancing the night away who has time to think about a mean boy/girl?

Most importantly though, know that you're gonna grieve. Be prepared for depression, sadness, anger.. the whole array. Know that its gonna happen, let it happen and then move on.

Draw on negatives from the relationship so that you can recognise you are better for not being in it.

It takes time..but you get there. You'll have good days and bad and it might take a long time.. but it'll happen.
sticky this post

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Mono! said:
hey all
just wondering if any1 is willing 2 give me pointer on how 2 get ova sum1?
thanx
It can depend on the person and the situation, but here is some general advice.

For emergency uses, watch Robin Williams Live on Broadway (two hours of some of the best stand-up comedy in the world). You should be able to hire it from your local video store. [Note: some level of intellect or general knowledge required.]

For longer term relief, avoid contact with the person - preferably go on holiday, that way you can't be around them even if you want to. Additionally, do not look at the person. Every time you see them you re-enforce their presence in your memory. Eventually you can see them, etc, but for at least 1-3 months, depending on the severity, I would suggest avoiding them.

Another thing you can do is work out. If you start doing weights and exercise you will be doing something constructive, you will feel pumped, and you will be 'preparing' for your next girl. So I would definitely recommend going to the gym.

Basically I think the worse thing you can do is sit and sulk until your mind and body are consumed with anguish. Though it is easier said than done, I think it's better to concentrate your energy on improving your body and cheering yourself up rather than wallowing. Sometimes you can't escape - in the moments before you are going to bed, etc. This is what the emergency dosage of Robin is for.

Some guys say the best way to get over a woman is to get under the next. If you feel this works for you, and the opportunity arises, perhaps some immediate relief may be beneficial.

Finally, should you be contemplating this somewhere down the line, do not have casual sex with them unless you are completely and utterly over them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)