What's the BIGGEST mistake you think you've made and totally regret? (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Jessica_00 said:
OMG there are so many things I regreat this year! Ím still in Yr 12 but I just stuffed up my trials bad.
  1. I wish I didn't procrastinate so much during the 2 weeks leading up to the trials (except I did alot of MWness... i've had to rewrite my Ext 2)
  2. I regreat not waking up at 4 to study instead of 6!
  3. I regreat not listening to advice and starting my Society and Culture PIP ASAP!
  4. I regret not writing my Extention History project on the last 2 days! 80% ppls! (I got 32/40? I rushed it, It was shithouse, I hate the subject because we get barely any time on it.)
  5. I regret nearly faily my English trials
  6. I regret EVER CHOOSING VIETNAMESE! DON"T EVER DO LOTE PPL! You'll regret it like me! It scales you down and its bloody unprofessional!
  7. I regret not getting good cheaper tutors when I was in yr 7 to 12 like some students
  8. I regret not focusing on yr 12 when I was in yr 10
  9. I regret ever knowing my ex bf in yr 12 so that the first half of my HSC year was lovesick and wasted (Yeah that was at the beginning of Year 12 for me too.. but now I have a loverly BF who is under lots of stress like me ^_^)
  10. and finally, I regret ever letting myself come to this much regret!:confused:

I'll also add:
~ Picking Photography for a Yr 11 subject.
~ Picking up Ext hist and Ext eng 2. ridiculous.
~ Not editing Ext eng 2 early enough
~ Doing the HSC pretty much. I was offered a very very generous apprenticeship at the end of year 10. If i had taken it, i'd have my own car, money and no stress in my life. Can't be arsed thinking about University anymore
~ Failing my History Extension exam. Lol. 11/50 because I know jackshit :p
~ Associating with a guy from Knox grammar. Knowing i'll never beat him in this HSC makes me very very annoyed.
~ Yadda yadda yadda
~ Getting myspace.

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Glad someone relates to my post! Yeah, Myspace and Youtube were real time wasters this year...I did learn a lot and had lots of stress relievers from them though...ehhe Just don't become a "myspace addict"

Oh and the Extention Hist project is out of 45 or 50 I think.. well I havent got it back yet

PS. I am sick of hearing about Journeys, Blade Runner/BNW, Von Ranke/Herodotus/Thucydides... by now I must of heard these words more than I have ever complained in life! And thats saying something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica_00
OMG there are so many things I regreat this year! Ím still in Yr 12 but I just stuffed up my trials bad.
  1. I wish I didn't procrastinate so much during the 2 weeks leading up to the trials (except I did alot of MWness... i've had to rewrite my Ext 2)
  2. I regreat not waking up at 4 to study instead of 6!
  3. I regreat not listening to advice and starting my Society and Culture PIP ASAP!
  4. I regret writing my Extention History project on the last 2 days! 80% ppls! (I got 32/40? I rushed it, It was shithouse, I hate the subject because we get barely any time on it.)
  5. I regret nearly faily my English trials
  6. I regret EVER CHOOSING VIETNAMESE! DON"T EVER DO LOTE PPL! You'll regret it like me! It scales you down and its bloody unprofessional!
  7. I regret not getting good cheaper tutors when I was in yr 7 to 12 like some students
  8. I regret not focusing on yr 12 when I was in yr 10
  9. I regret ever knowing my ex bf in yr 12 so that the first half of my HSC year was lovesick and wasted (Yeah that was at the beginning of Year 12 for me too.. but now I have a loverly BF who is under lots of stress like me ^_^)
  10. and finally, I regret ever letting myself come to this much regret!:confused:

I'll also add:
~ Picking Photography for a Yr 11 subject.
~ Picking up Ext hist and Ext eng 2. ridiculous.
~ Not editing Ext eng 2 early enough
~ Doing the HSC pretty much. I was offered a very very generous apprenticeship at the end of year 10. If i had taken it, i'd have my own car, money and no stress in my life. Can't be arsed thinking about University anymore
~ Failing my History Extension exam. Lol. 11/50 because I know jackshit :p
~ Associating with a guy from Knox grammar. Knowing i'll never beat him in this HSC makes me very very annoyed.
~ Yadda yadda yadda
~ Getting myspace.

Last edited:

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Jessica_00 said:
Glad someone relates to my post! Yeah, Myspace and Youtube were real time wasters this year...I did learn a lot and had lots of stress relievers from them though...ehhe Just don't become a "myspace addict"

Oh and the Extention Hist project is out of 45 or 50 I think.. well I havent got it back yet

PS. I am sick of hearing about Journeys, Blade Runner/BNW, Von Ranke/Herodotus/Thucydides... by now I must of heard these words more than I have ever complained in life! And thats saying something
Agreed. Excpet its Emma/Clueless instead of BR/BNW :(

I'll improve in my HSC I know so.
I just hate it at the moment because everyone's being so competitive and what not. The only thing i'm happy with is my art :|

HSC
gemrism said:
I WISH I STUCK WITH BUSINESS :'(!!!!
Instead i chose modern which i don't have a comparative advantage in and is SOOOO hard!!!!
I wish i did the thing the guy in the road not taken did and looked towards each road and contemplated on the possible consequences!!!!!

What do you regret?
i absolutely agree with you. my biggest regret has been choosing modern which is the WORST subject ever! I should have done business studies or IPT. damn it for nostalgia!

"Chubby"

HSC
there are a few things for me.....no offence to anyone.....

- doing business studies
- doing geography (but i got to go to the snow so i don't regret that)
- not doing CFS
- not leaving a good amount of time to study for trials....

jest

HSC
deciding to do advanced english when i would have been fine in standard and not studying enough for trials, especially maths

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Boo hoo hoo Physics, but I still cannot drop it without preventing me from obtaining a UAI ...

Yes, we must move on ... and yes I wish I was a nerd from the beginning and it would help to pre-determine my Year 11 subject choices :(

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Regret:

My ill-fated critique in EE2... My current work is doing much better... and it was an idea I had from the beginning... so I could have picked up a few more marks and had heaps more time for editing if I had stuck with it from the beginning.

Does not regret:

Dropping Physics.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Oh pity me and my emoesque post. Nah, probably just not applying myself sooner and never listening or doing anything in Maths. Damn Maths. :(

royaaran

HSC
OMG....the amount of regrets i have starting from yr 11......

picking photography and NOT knowing it dont go towards my UAI (IM IM REALLY GOOD AT IT!!)..but thats my fault

Picking maths "advanced" instead of general coz my parents wanted me to..failing it now..

and picking chemistry!!!!

If i had to give advice to future yr 11 and 12 students ide say make sure u pick the right subjects or its just gonna come back and bite ya in the ASS!!

Oh and i regret not being smart and not studying enough.especially for trials...which i did shit in..which really sux...so yeah :|

wow thats alot of regrets :S:S

Justin

HSC
Working so hard to get 100% in a subject that isnt even recognised by board of studies.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
royaaran said:
i feel your pain [photography]
I had the same issue with Photography. I dropped it to persue Extension subjects.

What I should have done: Kept photography + French and not picked up hist ext and eng ext. I was quite okay at French -- even without trying

I wish Photography was a BOS recognised course because it is quite challenging.. it deals with chemistry, aesthetics, art theory and technology. There you go, that's like 4 modules of stuff. I have a feeling i'd do very well in the subject too because I topped it in Year 8 and Year 11 ^_6

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
rahrah said:
Regret:

My ill-fated critique in EE2... My current work is doing much better... and it was an idea I had from the beginning... so I could have picked up a few more marks and had heaps more time for editing if I had stuck with it from the beginning.
hey same here rahrah, my 4th attempt is shitloads better :|
shame we have like 5 days...

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I regret laughing at my maths teacher when he told me how dissapointed he was with my 75% in advanced. "I dont really care... it didnt count toward my 92.75 and i will never need it again".

That laugh has now returned and bitten me on the arse with the need for Calculus (among other horrid things i never bothered to grasp) in Chemistry at uni. No distinction for me this semester :(

HSC
i regret choosing eco, its really getting on my nerves, i should have chose business studies instead, ppl say its easier, although it doesnt scale as high as eco, but meh, not like i can do anything about it now, just looking forward to the day i finish hsc eco exam!!!

HSC
Omg i feel ur pain with eco!!! I absolutely detest it, like im doing pretty good in it but like i just find it so hard to study for it when it comes around, i wish i had of done business too.

Oh well cant wait to get that last HSC eco exam done :)

Ponder

HSC
modern..
why the fuck did i do that...
SOOO stupid....
to much info and i am only getting like 40%

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
luscious-llama said:
hey same here rahrah, my 4th attempt is shitloads better :|
shame we have like 5 days...
good luck llama! what genre are you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)