What's the deal with tuts + workshops etc? (1 Viewer)

Music Master

HSC
treelovinhippie said:
nope, I do these....

CSCI191 - Engineering Programming 1
ECTE171 - Introduction to Signals & Systems
MATH187 - Mathematics 1A Part 1
PHYS141 - Fundamentals of Physics A

First I was told by a commerce person on enrolment day that I had to put down the 2 accounting subjects, but then I realised in doing that it cut out 2 of the 8 core engineering subjects. So I rang up the engineering person (in informatics) and she said I don't do any commerce for the first year, but probably have to do the two accounting subjects during the summer session (that'll be fun :mad1:)

Thanks for the help everyone.

One last question... say if a lecture goes from 2:30 - 5:30 and a tutorial or something goes from 5:30 - 6:30 on the same day. Should I setup my timetable like that or leave an hour gap between them?

Dude, you need to help me out here!!

On your timetable, were you already assigned Practical, tutorial and Seminar times for ECTE171?

Cause I was, but in my enrolment book it says to go to the school of electrical engineering website and enrol in practicals, tutorials and seminars there, and thats what I did, but i chose different times to what was on my timteable, and it all worked out fine, as it said I wasn't enrolled in any ECTE171 stuff, but my timetable showed otherwise.

Can anyone help me here? Was I supposed to do that, or was I supposed to not enrol as it doesn't say to on the timetable, but it does in my enrolment books!!!

HELP ME!!!!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Music Master said:
Dude, you need to help me out here!!

On your timetable, were you already assigned Practical, tutorial and Seminar times for ECTE171?

Cause I was, but in my enrolment book it says to go to the school of electrical engineering website and enrol in practicals, tutorials and seminars there, and thats what I did, but i chose different times to what was on my timteable, and it all worked out fine, as it said I wasn't enrolled in any ECTE171 stuff, but my timetable showed otherwise.

Can anyone help me here? Was I supposed to do that, or was I supposed to not enrol as it doesn't say to on the timetable, but it does in my enrolment books!!!

HELP ME!!!!
If you're doing any EE degree you should be in ECTE171 so go enrol in it asap :p

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Music Master said:

HELP ME!!!!
SECTE uses it's own system for some weird non-conformist reason.
Go to: http://www.elec.uow.edu.au/cgi-bin/cea/lablist.pl?cmd=kkc_id and type in your Student ID, it should tell you the times you have enrolled in for tutorials and labs. Show up at these times at the locations it says.

Oh and ECTE171 is a real bludge of a subject, I never did anything and walked away with a HD. It gave me a bit of a shock when I realised you actually have to work in ECTE172. Oh and remember to always attach your (signed) lab completion sheet with each of the 3 lab reports (or you'll lose marks).

Music Master

HSC
K, I enrolled in a tuesday practical/seminar through the SECTE even though the timetable given to me on enrolment day said I was in a wednesday one. Hopefully thats all fine now and they won't expect me to turn up to the wednesday one.

Ahhhh, I wished they explained all this stuff better, and didn't have so many different ways of doing it!!!!

Music Master

HSC
K, I enrolled in a tuesday practical/seminar through the SECTE even though the timetable given to me on enrolment day said I was in a wednesday one. Hopefully thats all fine now and they won't expect me to turn up to the wednesday one.

Ahhhh, I wished they explained all this stuff better, and didn't have so many different ways of doing it!!!!

DooGseY

HSC
Music Master said:
I enrolled in a tuesday practical/seminar through the SECTE even though the timetable given to me on enrolment day said I was in a wednesday one.
Get used to being screwed over by that faculty every chance they get :x

jflores

HSC
I hate when i dont get a day off. Last sem was the best I got mondays off legit (no skippin lectures).

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
any1 doing friday biology?[theres only 1 biology and 1 time slot on friday so own up]

nwatts

HSC
vzd said:
I'm going to be doing a double degree in creative arts and arts and i havent enroled in any creative arts elective subjects. how big is this problem?
Very. You must enrol for all three complusory creative arts subjects for each semester. The way a BA/BCA works means that you complete your BCA in the normal 3 years of a single degree student and use elective time/extra 1.5 years to fill your BA subjects.

What are you majoring your BCA in?

vzd

HSC
nwatts said:
Very. You must enrol for all three complusory creative arts subjects for each semester. The way a BA/BCA works means that you complete your BCA in the normal 3 years of a single degree student and use elective time/extra 1.5 years to fill your BA subjects.

What are you majoring your BCA in?
Creative writing. At the moment I've enrolled in WRIT119, WRIT109 and WRIT111 and HIST107. Am i supposed to have enrolled in another creative arts subject?

nwatts

HSC
vzd said:
Creative writing. At the moment I've enrolled in WRIT119, WRIT109 and WRIT111 and HIST107. Am i supposed to have enrolled in another creative arts subject?
Ah, no. You're fine. I misread your original post. You don't need to (and should not) enrol in any other creative arts subjects.

I guess I'll see you on the 20th then. :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
another thing, in the SOLS enrolement for chemistry, the tuts are not, i repeat not avialable for selection. I dont know why but they are only letting you pick labs right now for some reason. I dont know how this is going to be dealt with, wether we pick a tut during our first lecture or whatever, but i find this very odd.

If someone knows anything about this, pipe up.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Serius said:
another thing, in the SOLS enrolement for chemistry, the tuts are not, i repeat not avialable for selection. I dont know why but they are only letting you pick labs right now for some reason. I dont know how this is going to be dealt with, wether we pick a tut during our first lecture or whatever, but i find this very odd.

If someone knows anything about this, pipe up.
A lot of tut enrolments will not open until during O-week or sometime during week 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)