What's the hardest part of this course? (1 Viewer)

kirabolton

HSC
I don't like maths very much so i was just wondering, people who have done this course, what did you think was the hardest bit to learn?

HSC
For me so far, the hardest stuff has been the financial geometric series stuff and the simpsons/trapezoidal intergration rules. I found parabola locus stuff a bit difficult too, but that's year 11 stuff.

kirabolton

HSC
oh and speaking of simpson's rule, do people do it the long way by finding all the different areas? or do they do it the long way?

Trev

stix
HSC
kirabolton said:
oh and speaking of simpson's rule, do people do it the long way by finding all the different areas? or do they do it the long way?
eh? do we do it the long way or the long way? hmm..... lol
im assuming (i'll take a punt :rolleyes: ) you mean quick way, is there a quick way?

kirabolton

HSC
oh right i wrote long way and long way didn't i? Well..hmph i'm tired ok! such a tool i am yep such a tool uhuh...oh yeah ...i can't remember what this was on now. thanks :D

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
APs and GPs

Rates of change.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I'd say Kinematics (motion of a particle) is the hardest part of 2 unit, simply because it can involve almost all aspects of the course, such as differentiation, integration, logs and exponentials, trigonometry and all sorts of functions. Some of the questions are sometimes strangely worded too.

Financial maths becomes a whole lot easier when you've got the process down, after that it's just a matter of replicating it.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Plane (not co-ordinate) geometry is the worst.

How the heck should I know what a rhombus looks like.

Trev

stix
HSC
Slide Rule said:

haha agreed, i don't know my shapes at all :p
i hate plane geometry too because you have to explain stuff (damn-ed english)

JumboKHS

HSC
The 2unit course is fairly easy, you just have to know the fundamental topics ( such as factorising, surds, solving simultaneously and all things algebra) back to front and you will fly through the course.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Slide Rule said:

Rote learning's a bitch, ain't it?:)

Kulazzi

HSC
I think geo app. of calculus. Finding y' and then y'' then determining the stationary points, points of inflexion, minimum, maximum, minima and maxima, primitives, concave up, concave down, asymptotes and discontinuity...argh! I have an assessment on that tmorrow + series (we get to take notes in but that doesn't make a difference!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)