• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What's the hardest part of this course? (2 Viewers)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i reckon that's one of the easiest topics!

i guess i just like maths to be structured and step by step, not like circle geometry for example...

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
nono, you're all wrong! :eek:

Remembering what you've learned is the hardest!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
im finding series and sequences hard
the APs and GPs r ok
but now we're doin application of series
thats a bitch
and we havent done compound interest or superannuation but i heard thats shit 2 :(

Trev

stix
HSC
there is nothing wrong with any of that stuff - you just need to understand the process (like when doing applications - compound interest, super etc) it doesn't need a formula really otherwise, its soughta just thinking about it.........
(hope you understand my ramblings :) )

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Well i lost my mark in exponential growth and decay so ill say thats the hardest, even though it is normally one of the easiest for me

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I would say that Series & Sequences (Super/Compund Interest etc.) is not the hardest topic 2U. It's just tedious and lengthy.
Imo, geometry is the hardest...as Slide Rule said. But this doesn't usually constitute a very large proportion of the HSC exam.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
im finding series and sequences hard
the APs and GPs r ok
but now we're doin application of series
thats a bitch
and we havent done compound interest or superannuation but i heard thats shit 2 :(
It's generally not a hard topic, although you can get more difficult questions such as in the 2003 paper. But I still hated it simply because a 3 mark question requires a whole page of working most of the time....

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
im upto loan repayments in Sequences & series
so yes im up 2 the part every1 thinks is a bitch...
i say its pretty damn hard
:(

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
im upto loan repayments in Sequences & series
so yes im up 2 the part every1 thinks is a bitch...
i say its pretty damn hard
:(
I remember finding it confusing initially...that generally happens. But after you've done about 15 or 20 practice questions, your confusion will soon turn to boredom...because the process is so repetitive and monotonous. It's probably one of the worst parts of the 2U course, and most students would agree on that.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i reckon trig functions was the worst part for me. Im not mathematically inclined at all and althought I did all my HW for trig functions and tried to understand it, it just wouldnt agree with me. ARGH

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Simpsons rule when you have a lot of strips. There is always something that gets miscalculated. Integration makes the job so much easier...

rama_v

HSC
Similar triangles. Not the proofs but the side ratios, I can never seem to match each similar side lol...it takes me ages to get those questions. I havent done rates of change so I cant comment on that though...but the rest of the course seems straightforward.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
I sincerely don't believe any of the topics are "extremely hard"- they can all be done, some of the APs and GPs stuff can leave u confused....but they are still doable. But the easiest topic in the 2u course definitely has to Physical Applications of Calculus pretty beneficial if you do physics also.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Probability is one the easiest... second only to series!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Coordinate geometry (which is normally q 2) used to cause me the most problems. My philosophy was that no question in 2 unit maths was too hard so long as you had time to do it (luckily I did, lost marks in the HSC came from dumb mistakes that i identified as soon as i got home that day).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)