whats the most evil subject? (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
what do you think?
i personally feel that maths is the worst subject and should be completely cut out of the syllabus. :)
maths cut out of a syllabus.
nice one.
people these days....

I think calculus's Optimization sub-topic, in 2u is more relevant and valuable to real life than almost the entire General maths course.
i think so too otherwise we wouldnt be getting the most out of wind turbines.

Definately Maths. i.e. 2unit and above standards (3unit, 4unit)

Honestly, about 98% of the syllabus is irrelevant to us after we leave highschool!!!

Integrals, differentiating, calculus.. its such a waste of time,
in my opinion the subject is just to show how capable you are analytically...

its not directly preparing you for life after school...

general maths on the other hand i believe (as i don't do it) is slighlty more beneficial with the whole financial maths topic etc..

just my two cents worth =)
if you are prepared to work at the checkout for the next few decades of your life then yes.

Last edited:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Definately Maths. i.e. 2unit and above standards (3unit, 4unit)

Honestly, about 98% of the syllabus is irrelevant to us after we leave highschool!!!

Integrals, differentiating, calculus.. its such a waste of time,
in my opinion the subject is just to show how capable you are analytically...

its not directly preparing you for life after school...

general maths on the other hand i believe (as i don't do it) is slighlty more beneficial with the whole financial maths topic etc..

just my two cents worth =)

if you cant get 2 unit maths you are a knob, im just going through 2 unit papers and geting bored reading them, they are too easy, but it would be too much work if i did 4 unit

Dumbledore

HSC
ancient history, how the hell is knowing the name of the aztec kings wife gonna help us in todays society?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Definitely Physics. Year 10 Physics was terrible. I'm very happy I didnt continue that stuff. But it does have its uses, especially the space stuff. I like Space.

AccelerateGirl

HSC
its a close call between english and maths. both have parts that, for me, are completely irrelevant. I mean, i want to go into childcare. So, when on earth will i
-analyse movies/poems etc
- use trigonometry
-use calculus
- ever again care what a metaphor/simile/ and those other annoying words are
- write a feature article
- write an interview (this being said, i also had to answer the interview from the perspective of an American director and a dead poet)

On the other hand, financial maths i will use in taxes and stuff and english teaches you better skills, and how to look at the media critically.
So good and bad in all subjects i reckon

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
English assessments should just be banned but attendence should be compulsory (I love my english class).

They should also remove probability from the maths syllabi.

Last edited:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
It's not about whether a subject will be useful or not. The HSC is about assessing the extent to which a student can memorise content, understand stuff they are taught and develop the skills to solve problems.

That being said, the most evil subject is English because it's so subjective!

hairspray

HSC
Mathematics is just plain evil ! Mathematics doesnt let the teacher mark subjectively... Like for my other subjects (english, economics, legal studies and business studies), since I believe that im the teacher's favourite student I can write pages of crap and still get relatively high marks (above 90).

Whereas in mathematics... even though the teacher likes me and all if i put the wrong answer or irrelevant working out, i get zero! SO evil !

melissa92

HSC
Uni Grad
English is a killer subject....Legal Studies..OH GOD..boring..but rather interesting only when we play devil's advocate :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
english & bio are probably most evil.

maths is easy and logical.

business is appplicable and useful

sor is extremely easy

cosmology is painfully hard but not evil.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Maths sucks balls!

Its easy but requires too much effort, so much easier to score marks in Humanities, even tho i hate english too, just easier to score marks with minimal effort.
english is easiest to score marks but hardest to score good marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)