Whats the public transport like at Newcastle? (1 Viewer)

chamelia

HSC
Where is the closest place to get buses to Callaghan campus ( Entering the West entrance close to the CS / Math buildings )?
The walk from Warabrook station to the engineering sector of the campus is fucking ridiculous.
You can't honestly think that's ridiculous? Or did you want the train to pull up right out the front of your lecture room door?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
public transport is fkn shit in newcastle. itz transport system is like fuly shit. melbourne has a way better transport systems... and at least the trains nd buses run on time there/
hmm okay..

newcastle has a population of 288 732 according to the 06 census

and melbourne has 3.9 million..

my gosh.

Last edited:

MailMofo

HSC
You can't honestly think that's ridiculous? Or did you want the train to pull up right out the front of your lecture room door?
That would be just lovely.

Now, would you like me to remove the sand from your vagina?

jackydoll

HSC
Same.
Belmont ftw
Did you go to Belmont high?

Catching the bus to uni would be cheaper, $3.20 per day while driving would be $4 per day for parking and the cost of fuel to get there.

You could always carpool and split up the petrol and parking money.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Did you go to Belmont high?

Catching the bus to uni would be cheaper, $3.20 per day while driving would be $4 per day for parking and the cost of fuel to get there.

You could always carpool and split up the petrol and parking money.
Nah didn't go to belle high. I've already purchased my parking permit and will probs drive most days. Might use public transport if i'm feeling adventurous.

Sarah92

HSC
Uni Grad
I live at Belmont and have to take two buses just to get to Callaghan and I don't have my P's yet

still better than driving I guess
Yeah, i'm in the same area, i have my P's, but i'm planning on taking public transport so I don't have to worry about the parking issue. I might drive some days though.

So i'll get the 350 to Charlestown then the 100 to the uni, its not too bad really.

jackydoll

HSC
Yeah, i'm in the same area, i have my P's, but i'm planning on taking public transport so I don't have to worry about the parking issue. I might drive some days though.

So i'll get the 350 to Charlestown then the 100 to the uni, its not too bad really.
Ditto, or the 349 which is pretty much the express route.

It would be a good idea to download the timetables from the Newcastle Buses website.

jackydoll

HSC
Car pooling would be a good idea with your flatmates or that you have friends living nearby and have classes on around the same time.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I used to carpool with a girl I had only met once through a friend - discovered we had a class together and now we're pretty tight :)

DanHickm

HSC
I tend to drive into Kotara (I'm on my Ls) and then get a bus into the uni from there. It works pretty well, if I don't drive into Kotara I have to catch 2 buses. I don't know what I'll do when I get my Ps, I'll probably do the same thing because parking sounds like a pain and the bus gets me there at a good time (8:40ish) for 9am lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)