Whats the scaling like for Modern? (1 Viewer)

vivien

ummm i think it scales better than ancient but not as well as extension.......yes, i am very useful arent i

Ringo

Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Yes, I am among the throng of students studying that Albert Speer character.
Do you find him as irritating as I do? He has like NO personality...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Hopefully the scaling is good!!! From the table Laz posted you can see that it is slightly above average.... I can't believe Biology has the same scaling as modern, bio is a lot easier!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
scaling isn't determined by the difficulty of a subject.

according to my uaiseeker account, a mark of 85 in modern scales to 74.8. which isn't great, but it's a hell of a lot better than ancient (where it scales to 69).

90 scales to 84

and 95 to 93.4 :)

*aims for 95*

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Thats not for your actual HSC though, thats for the purposes of working out your UAI.

Modern scales relatively average, if you are doing some other subjects that are towards the top of the scaling, you should be alright.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It depends how you do in that subject as well as your other subjects. Its very complicated. Just do the best you can and you can't control anything more than that.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Thats not for your actual HSC though, thats for the purposes of working out your UAI.

Modern scales relatively average, if you are doing some other subjects that are towards the top of the scaling, you should be alright.
yeah, i know, but isnt that the only reason that anyone cares about scaled marks? for the sake of their uai?

its true though, you can't control anything about it. thats why its best just to sort of forget about it :/

vas

im doing leni the stupid slut....

modern hitory is one of the hardest frikkin subjects in the hsc , y do they scale u down, its fucking bullshit........

im studying my ass off and most of my subjects will scale me down.. i was hoping history will save me so thats oput the window
i gotta make sure i get over 90 in general maths or ill be scaled down to like 15 or something WHILE SOMEONE DOING 2 UNIT MATHS CAN GET 15 AND BE ScALED UP TO 95 BECAUSE OH THE POOR BABY HE/SHES DOING HARDER MATHS WORK THAN ME ...OHHHH WELL IM SORRY IF I DONT WANNA LeARN HOW TO FIND LOCUSTS OR THE FUCKING TURNING POINT OF A TECTAHEDRON....AND BECAUSE I DONT WANNA LEARN THAT USELESS BULLSHIT IM PUT A DISADVANTAGE.....

sorry.....bit carried away there

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
It doesn't scale down.... when you use the UAI seeker it works on your raw exam marks... it doesn't scale down really...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
huh? what do you mean ash?
I'm not sure lol. I think I mean that when you use the UAI seeker it appears that the mark is scaled down but that is actually because the UAI is calculated off your raw exam mark instead of the mark aligned to the bands.... so say you got a raw mark of 85 in the exam, and that made your aligned mark 90... then it is the 85 that is scaled in order to calculate your UAI... so the 85 might scale to 86.5.... so it appears that your mark has been scaled down from 90 but it is actually scaled up..... that probably makes no sense and is probably wrong!

Laz?? Any help!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)