Whats ur short story about? (1 Viewer)

iheartjm

HSC
hi everyone, i'm also relatively new. how are we all??

my goodness...... after having a brush with new found confidence, i've just as quickly lost it! i'm class of '05 currently undertaking the task of ee2.
i know exactly how everyone feels about the whole idea flashing, mind changing state of mind. i've changed my mind five times in about a months, from a theme of illness, to a war-torn inspired story, to spartan civilisation/romance, to crazed stalker, to psychoanalytical thriller, to all sorts of who-ha. (i wrote the exact words somewhere else!! LoL) i was in total panic because my proposal was due and i was undicisive and empty. by then i was just about at a mental drought. after having my mind cemented on various ideas only to break them three days later, i've finally settled on something that i'm quite happy with.
i got my proposal back, i think, yesterday and was very happy with my mark, but after reading past posts and recent posts of this thread and just reading all the ideas of everyone, i'm a little apprehensive again!
the idea of my major work is.... a little cliched. and it's got a tinge of teen angst... in fact, one of my characters' name is teen angst (how conincidental! *nervous smile*) but i'm in quite a love affair with my idea that right now it doesn't really mind me.
my narrative voice is that of a dead person (think american beauty, desperate housewives), and follows the concept of six degrees of separation whereby one character meets another character and a story is told. btw, the story is told backwards, so he's already dead... i think you've established that! silly me!!!

basically it's a story about how insecure i am! gee wont that be fun to read....

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
I've already started writing my extension 2 piece, I have about 3000 words so far.

Basically mine is a 3rd person narrative about a person and his friend who travel to a very odd place on the side of a valley up in some unknown alps. A mental institute, there he and his friend are employed to interact with the patients. Throughout the story he talks with a number of 'interesting' chracters and discovers more about himself and the state of the institute. Until eventually he figures out the truth...
I'm trying to work in a philisophical theme to the store, also a weird disjointed mood.

S

Sheehan :)

hotcocoababe said:
Mine is based around a few years in the life of a girl whose mother gets breast cancer, gets a masectomy, and then eventually dies. The girl starts to suffer mental probs, eg. depression, and gets an obsession with circles (as a result of her mother's masectomy/breast cancer and how it affected the girl).
So far Iv written about 400 words, and the little girl is adjusting scones in the kitchen because they're lopsided, and that reminds her of her mother being lopsided (as a result of the masectomy) so she is trying to make them symmetrical.

how does that sound guys? LOL... id appreciate comments!!!!

:p

YOU FUKEN BITCH............i posted that idea around 3 months ago and u just stole..........YOU MOTHERFUKEN BITCH DONT STREAL MY IDEA.........I AM DOING THAT YOU STUPUID HOE.....................if it was urs what are u using rom your advanced or ext.1 learning huh? bitch ist all well to steal an idea its harder to make it your bitch

S

Sheehan :)

Opium said:
I've already started writing my extension 2 piece, I have about 3000 words so far.

Basically mine is a 3rd person narrative about a person and his friend who travel to a very odd place on the side of a valley up in some unknown alps. A mental institute, there he and his friend are employed to interact with the patients. Throughout the story he talks with a number of 'interesting' chracters and discovers more about himself and the state of the institute. Until eventually he figures out the truth...
I'm trying to work in a philisophical theme to the store, also a weird disjointed mood.

NICE COPYING OF THE PLAY COSI...........

Originality <0

pffft

J

jhakka

Sheehan :) said:
YOU FUKEN BITCH............i posted that idea around 3 months ago and u just stole..........YOU MOTHERFUKEN BITCH DONT STREAL MY IDEA.........I AM DOING THAT YOU STUPUID HOE.....................if it was urs what are u using rom your advanced or ext.1 learning huh? bitch ist all well to steal an idea its harder to make it your bitch
She did that last year.

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
Sheehan :) said:
NICE COPYING OF THE PLAY COSI...........

Originality <0

pffft
Cosi? I've never heard of it. I beg to differ, this is MY idea and MY story that I am writing, I have texts that inspired me but I am not stealing anything. The texts that I read that inspired me include: A Beautiful Mind, Catch-22 and Closing Time.

But if you could direct me to the play 'Cosi' it might prove an interesting read.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
amoz_lilo said:
ok im pissed off, my proposal has been in ext2 forum for a day now and i need someone to give me feedback.
Thats not the best way to go about it, someone will have a look eventually but they don't have to, they'd be doing it to be helpful so lighten up OK?

languidbuterfly

HSC
N/A
What's your short story about?

My story's about senility, and the way the little things in the world can totally change your perspective. It deals partly in reflections of earlier life, and in memory. The conflict in the story is that, despite her diagnosis, the protagonist is not, infact senile, rather is in the process of detatching herself from the world...

... my main problem is trying to keep it out of the realms of hideously depressing writing.

JimTheStampede

HSC
jhakka said:
She did that last year.
hehe shut down. Not like it was that hard to see that it was from last year. Anyways i am writing a story about a Christ like character that goes on a journey of self discovery. It will kinda be about the end of the world and spiritual stuff. It is kinda complicated although that first sentance made it seem so simple. I have changed my ideas so many times and each time wrote at least 3000 words first. That ppl is what you call expert wasting of time. My first one was an unserious story about a man with a mental illness that is convinced he is a ninja. That was too immature. Then came a crime fiction story about a serial killer who gets revenge on his brother. That one was going allright i managed to make it seem really detatched but in the end i hated my character so i changed to my now idea. I bet i will change again. Stupid subject.
Jimmy

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i might change my story to two seperated lovers, one from opposing cultures.representing ... oh fuck whats that greek myth about ophelia and the underworld?

Abbeygale

HSC
It wasn't Ophelia. Ophelia's from Shakespeare. It's Persephone and Hades.

http://myths.allinfoabout.com/myth7.html is one version of the story. Facts vary from teling to telling- in some versions she was kidnapped, in others the marriage is arranged by Zeus. In the version told on SBS sometimes, she comes to enjoy life in the Underworld and willingly eats the seeds so she can stay half the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)