What's your IQ? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well i know it would be extremely difficult to live with such a disablity like down-syndrome but I am also quite sure with the right help and encouragement you can help the child to have a good upbringing and childhood. There is always the chance of that.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Rebekkie said:
glad to see you're taking your intelligence seriously ;)
IQ is not a good indication of intelligence. IQ tests don't take into other things you might be intelligent in like Music, Art etc. IQ tests are made to boost the ego of people that get a high IQ.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Indeed. My friend who is extremely intelligent took one of the online ones (very unreliable) and she only scored 106! She was soo pissed that most of it was visual stuff an maths.... She is very linguistic but is still smart in other areas too.

N.B. People have soo many different opinions about IQ. It's really quite interesting.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
xXmuffin0manXx said:
:) i forgot to mention i guessed them all

lol. 75..isnt that borderlin stupid ?
Borderline retard, IMO. :p

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Borderline?

Well technically, if anybody did a research on what their TRUE IQ is, they should know what it means.

It's a measure of your intelligence, compared to your biological age. The formula is:

IQ = Mental age / chronological age (real age) x 100

So technically, an average person has an IQ of 100, as their mental age is identical to their chronological age. If the person is "smart", their IQ will be above 100, while a "stupid" person will have an IQ below 100.

So to answer xXmuffin0manXx, there is no borderline; anybody with an IQ of less than 100 is less intelligent.

That was basically what was proposed, but IQ is now calculated a different way now. But still, it holds true for 100 IQ to be average, >100 IQ to be "more intelligent", and <100 IQ to be "less intelligent"

Last edited:

Felix Jones

HSC
the iq test in itself i imperfect, therefore we cannot test perfection against something that is is in itself imperfect, therefore iq tests are bs.....u can tell i got a really low mar.lol.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
the iq test in itself i imperfect, therefore we cannot test perfection against something that is is in itself imperfect, therefore iq tests are bs.....u can tell i got a really low mar.lol.
IQ tests are stupid. In particular, the questions they ask. Many times they don't even test cognitive ability, but rather expect people to see patterns which are made in bizarre ways, and then expecting the subject to understand the patterns set, and then continue them. (usually the pattern in itself is so stupid, that it takes either luck or experience to figure it out.)

Still, an intelligent person might figure it out. But it's not a test of their intelligence, but rather a test of their understanding of the author of the tests intelligence.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
An example.

Mona Lisa - Gemini - Cerberus -

What comes next?

Giraffe, Pyramid, Paris

The correct answer is Pyramid. Mona Lisa = 1 Face, Gemini = 2 Faces, Cerberus = 3 Faces, Pyramid = 4 Faces.

Felix Jones

HSC
tetrisam said:
Aww i only got 105
omg me too, and i think there was 2 other guys as well....but test is stupid, only visual, no maths, English, common sense, logic and problem solving, or lateral thinking.

Xevali

HSC
N/A
In the Future...*faint wooshing sounds with techno laser shots are heard in the far distance*..

..IQ Tests will be looked upon as a shamefull folly of humankinds less evolved and intelectually stunted past..

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
omg me too, and i think there was 2 other guys as well....but test is stupid, only visual, no maths, English, common sense, logic and problem solving, or lateral thinking.
Yeah, that's why nothing beats a Psychologist IQ Test. I picked that test though, because it IGNORES things such as Maths and English which some people might not be smarter at, but rather be more knowledgable on the topics. The tickle test, from memory, had questions such as "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know _____" and you had to fill in the blanks. You can figure it out if you're smart enough, sure, but you may have already come across it if you're one of those people who randomly searches quotes over the internet and throws them all over their myspace profile in different fonts and sizes.

btw 105 is still above average, so chill :) even though it's probably not your precise IQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)