What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

I paid like half of the excess I was getting and I "unexpectedly" quit :D And also the manager said not to pay it back so yeh. And also an accusation he made on me of stealing $50 from the till, long story :p

If you aren't sure I think there's a booklet thing you can check at your McDonald's which has the pay rates for each age

Black Hawker

HSC
pLuvia said:
If you aren't sure I think there's a booklet thing you can check at your McDonald's which has the pay rates for each age
Yeah, I have an online version of it. The reason I'm curious because $9.31 is not close to any. The min for my age is $8.90 - when I turned 16 I got $8.88. And then last ween I got $9.31 - maybe I got promoted to trainer? lol

Here's the award link - https--metime.todaycorp.com-pdfs-NSWCrewSummary2006.pdf

P

pLuvia

Never knew they had the 15 week period rule, I guess they changed their award scheme, pay isn't as bad as before :p Maybe it was just your store that paid a bit extra ;)

Black Hawker

HSC
Well like I said before, when I turned 16 in October they paid me 2 cents below award, and I don't really care about that, but what I'm curious is why the sudden increase in pay...If I ask them I might go back down to $8.88 lol

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I work at Greater Union Cinemas! :) I'm sixteen and get $11.41 an hour, and the pay will increase when I've worked there for three months. Not bad, considering my friends who work at Michel's and Maccas get like, eight dollars or something.

Last edited:

Borbor

HSC
Job: Big W Casual Cash Register
Pay: $9.23

Is that ok?

P

pLuvia

That's quite high for a 15 y/o pay, 15 y/o's usually get around 6-7 so considering if that's your pay that's quite nice

goldz

HSC
when io was working...im noty anymore on holidays now
pay: $15 p/h
work: data ebntry (boring as hell!!!)

Black Hawker

HSC
Jachie said:
I work at Greater Union Cinemas! :) I'm sixteen and get $11.41 an hour, and the pay will increase when I've worked there for three months. Not bad, considering my friends who work at Michel's and Maccas get like, eight dollars or something.
Wow, I'm 16 too and have currently apply at Greater Union - waiting for a response from them.

BlackDragon

HSC
these 6, 7, 8, 9 dollar an hour wages are stunning me to be honest, even if it is for 15, 16 yr olds.
i mean, is it worth working for 6 dollars an hour? you could work all day for not much.

save the whales

HSC
N/A

^^

Goldz, how did you get your job? i know its boring as hell, but i really want an office job. tried on seek and stuff, can't really find much, ...or maybe im typing and looking in the wrong places. lol. can you please help??

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
save the whales said:

^^

Goldz, how did you get your job? i know its boring as hell, but i really want an office job. tried on seek and stuff, can't really find much, ...or maybe im typing and looking in the wrong places. lol. can you please help??
"Results 1 - 20 of 3001 matching data entry. "

try seek again...

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
age 18
carlton hotel (soon to be changed as the carlton chain has been bought)
18p/hour during mon-friday
22p/hour saturdays

ive worked there for about a month...so far i get anywhere from 1-2 shifts a week...shifts are from 8-10 hrs long...dunno if the amount of shifts is gonna dry up tho...hope not

stariiskiez

HSC
job: library shelver
pay: $10 + super
work hr: max 6 hrs a week... and they understand if you dont show up during major exams... wohoooooooooo

NLAngel

HSC
Job: Pizza hut cashier/kitchenhand
Pay rate: $6.59 per hour :mad1:
(Got taxed 4c for earning $65.94 in two weeks?)
Hours per week: 7 (thank god)

ham and pickles

HSC

Could someone tell me if there is any jobs people know of in newcastle region, i've been searchikng like crazy, even handing out resumes all over town, with parents grinding my ass about getting one and getting out into the workforce, So could you let me know if you know of anything:burn:

kangarulz

Procrastinaton
HSC
18 years, sanity music, $10.50an hour + super. stupid AWA, theres a girl thats 17 and she gets paid $2 more than me coz shes on the old one

i was a xmas casual, but employed as part-timer.. grr

don't get me wrong though.. i LOVE my job.. so much :D

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Sanity used to be a place I really wanted to work at. Then JB HIFI opened at my local mall. :p

Job: Greater Union Usher
Pay rate: $11.41 an hour
Hours per week: Varies. This week I got 14 hours. I had to work Christmas Eve and today, but I got double time, so.....whooo!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)