What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

SipSip

HSC
N/A
getting around 70k a year....and then there is bonus...but dunno how much i'll get for that....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Damn right I'm lying...

I work for a funds rating company... I am 21 though....if I'm not on a decent income, I should be sorry to my parents for bringing me up...

Besides, why would i be lying anyhow....I think I'm the lowest paid in the office because of my age anyway....

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
Please tell us all how to earn 70k + benefits a year coming out of a 3 year degree.
Put it this way....you have to work pretty hard...I'm still at the end of my degree...so hopefully I'll be finished pretty soon...and another thing is...I consider myself pretty darn lucky and very greatful for that...

Marks...not really relevant in my case...since that my marks lies more in the credits area....

One thing I've learnt is...if your marks are bling...then build it up with experience...I started working full time and also studying full time early in second year uni...so in terms of experience i've almost had 2 years working experience...

Although I only started working in finance about a year ago...you really just have to search for something you like...this is my third job in finance, jumping isn't that good...but there is the benefit of greater exposure...plus a free business trip =) I'm actually overseas right now...flying back soon....looking forward to that!!

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
You're full of it buddy.

You won't even earn 70k immediately after finishing a finance degree.
Believe what you will....there is a reason why i say I am very lucky...

I know...a lot of my friends who graduated with double majors before me are on 45k-ish pay....

But if you think about it...my job involves a lot of client communication as well...and just having a degree doesn't mean you could do that...

on the other hand...you can just say i'm full of it and leave it at that

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, I've gotten myself a "permanent" job that will stay till I graduate. Let's just say I work for USYD (and hence will stay till I graduate), it's casual, and it's $26.10/hr (yes, that's not a typo)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Azamakumar said:
Hmm lives in ingleburn and goes to Randwick girls.

You know Shaihan I take it?
Know of him, but don't know him personally. I know Amir though :)

T

Testpilot

lala2 said:
Well, I've gotten myself a "permanent" job that will stay till I graduate. Let's just say I work for USYD (and hence will stay till I graduate), it's casual, and it's $26.10/hr (yes, that's not a typo)
Yeah but how many hours? Pretty crap if its only one or two a week.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah but how many hours? Pretty crap if its only one or two a week.
Yeah, that's the thing. It's really casual, and I'm talking here fitting around your timetable and only when work opportunities come up. So it's not even on a weekly basis (well, it is, but my timetable never fits so I never get to work weekly), and we only get paid fortnightly. But when we are needed, we are really needed, so we get paid a lot.

I guess it evens out, and I don't really need the money, but it's good for long term savings, which is where all my money is going to. Don't worry, I'm trying to find another job which is more regular, but the hourly difference would be so great that I'm claiming tax free threshold for this current first job.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Lexi123 said:
I'm a Library Assistant
20 yrs old
$21.68 an hour casual
1.25 on Saturday 1.5 on Sunday but I never work on weekends haha so there's no point in getting excited about the extra money!
how did you get that job? i applied for a similar thing recently, i wanna know what my chances of getting it are without having worked in a library before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)