What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

Pace_T

HSC
BlytheChloe said:
All my friends would rather do what I'm doing than continue their, hospitality, retail, fast food "job".
yeah probably cos you rave on about it just like you've been doing in this thread.
its a shit job. everyone knows it.
the only call center job that is half decent is inbound. and thats not great either.

BlytheChloe

HSC
Really? I haven't worked in a call centre like tech support but I'd imagine it to be hell based on the stories of idiots you have to speak to. Though, of course, that comment wouldn't be very valid, just as yours, since I haven't worked in that area.

Based on my experiences, I quite enjoy what I'm doing even if it's not mainly due to calls, but the work environment, the colleagues and the money.

I used to work as an office junior for pretentious people at a building in Sydney, on Sussex St and all I did was fetch them EasyWay and send 139819379 SMS's each day. Oh yeah, and answer calls from potential clients. That sucked. I quit after a week.

And now, just in your perspective, my friends would rather get 21/h to do a shitty job than get 10/h doing another shitty job.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
That said, it's not my career choice, it's just a casual job that's earning me good money (as a first job EVER) right now so I ain't complaining.

BlytheChloe said:
I used to work as an office junior for pretentious people at a building in Sydney, on Sussex St and all I did was fetch them EasyWay and send 139819379 SMS's each day. Oh yeah, and answer calls from potential clients. That sucked. I quit after a week.
hahahahaha. pwned yourself.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Hhahahahahahah detective stazi has successfully solved the riddle.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
BlytheChloe said:
Because it's not telemarketing?

You must be pretty ignorant to think it is.
Umm you ring people and ask them to answer questions. IMO it's probably worse then telemarketing because you dont even offer anything tangible in return for wasting my time.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I lost my job!! =(

My next job is not till next year... =(

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Company selling my division...so that the corporate heads gets a bit of bonus out of the deal.
The division is then turned into third party provided by the new buyer...thus..I'm being made redundant. =(

My new role is planned for next year, and it's paying 85k plus other benefits...extremely happy about that...but

just worried about what the heck to do for the rest of the year...and kinda pissed to be honest...

unemployed for 5 months seems awefully wasteful

BlytheChloe

HSC
stazi said:
hahahahaha. pwned yourself.
Wrong. I don't consider something I did for a week to be a job. If it ain't on my resume, it doesn't count.

BlytheChloe

HSC
blakegman said:
Umm you ring people and ask them to answer questions. IMO it's probably worse then telemarketing because you dont even offer anything tangible in return for wasting my time.
LOL.

You'd rather have someone waste your time, trying to persuade you to purchase something, or in other words, get money out of you, than answer a few questions (in which you can just refuse to and then I would say "That's okay, thanks anyway, bye!").

Those who do surveys WILLINGLY give up their time to participate.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
BlytheChloe said:
Wrong. I don't consider something I did for a week to be a job. If it ain't on my resume, it doesn't count.
what is a job?

a post of employment; full-time or part-time position: e.g. She was seeking a job as an editor.

Was that not a post of employment before? Yes it was.

BlytheChloe

HSC
stazi said:
what is a job?

a post of employment; full-time or part-time position: e.g. She was seeking a job as an editor.

Was that not a post of employment before? Yes it was.
Kind of missed the point that I don't consider what I did for a week as a job.

Anyway, kind of pointless having debates on this any longer.

Have a nice evening.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you openly stated that this was your very first job. clearly, it wasn't. regardless of which way you look at it, you've had a job in the past, which is why you mentioned it later in your postings.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
blakegman said:
Why would you work in telemarketing or tele market research whatever way you want to spin it unless you lived in Delhi ?
tbh it's fairly easy money, and it's usually really easy to get a job at a call centre

but i'd go fucking insane if i was working at one, hence why i'm about to hit up my new career in kings cross

blakegman

HSC
N/A
BlytheChloe said:
LOL.

You'd rather have someone waste your time, trying to persuade you to purchase something, or in other words, get money out of you, than answer a few questions (in which you can just refuse to and then I would say "That's okay, thanks anyway, bye!").

Those who do surveys WILLINGLY give up their time to participate.
Uhh..where do i begin.

You realise it's just as easy for me to say fuck off to a telemarketer trying to sell me something then someone asking a 'few' questions right ?

And what benefit does me answering questions offer other then to the company asking, its not like they are paying me to respond. At least even though telemarketers are shit, potentially they actually could be offering me something of benefit.

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
Age 17
Work at Toy Store (clue "R" they going to fire me if i release their payment info :D )
Wage 11.24 (after working 6 months)

they are stingy during the normal yr esp when target, myer, big W are having their massive toy sale... Christmas is good though but i dont feel like Santa when i tell parents on Christmas Eve that we have nothing in stock... lol that was the best christmas ever and will always beat going to church arrgh

also any older toy loving customers out there on behalf of the entire crew we are sorry if we scare you when your personally looking through toys that arnt obviously suited for you... dw ill agree that its a present for someone else

dw im a TRU kid for life!

HSC
work: booksellers
wage: i think the ordinary rate is about 11.50 but i work sundays, so i get time-and-a-half. almost $100 for six hours (with a break in there, of course). i think it's alright... except for yesterday, when i got stuck in the elevator for an hour :cold:
other: 25% off books, 10% off DVDs.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Work: Tutoring primary kids
Wage: $25/hour - but only 2 hours a week

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)