What's your job and how much you earn? (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
$7.40? lol. You'd have to work 8 hours (w/ no unpaid breaks) just to make $60 pre-tax. Ah.. the good old times of getting paid shit when you're young.

InLimbo

HSC
Job: Coles service operator (official sounding isn't it)
Pay: $10.65/hr, time and a half on sundays etc.

Soon to be a supervisor when I turn 18 in January. Good times ordering around people older than you are.

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Job: Michel's Patisserie
Pay: $8.30/hr

;(

MikiRei

HSC
Jobs:
1. Church Organist - $25 bucks for the hour
2. Piano Teacher - $40 bucks per hour (but I'm upping to 45 or 50 for any new students). Three students atm who only take 45 mins so in reality, only getting $30 per student =.=|||
Total: $115 per week, working 4 hours in total :p

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Job: Consumer Finance Consultant - fancy way of saying that i give customers who are already struggling, extra burden with a personal loan
Company: GE Money
Pay: $19.50 an hour...plus killer bonuses if you meet the targets (bonuses are commonly 500-1000+ a month depending on how well you do)

HSC
Jobs:
1. Babysitting
- in the afternoons I get $15 per "session", for between 1 and 2 hours.
- if I babysit on weekends, I get $50 for about 4 hours or longer.

2. Netball umpiring
- when I first started it was $5 per game (for a bit less than an hour). Now I get $10 per game (and this season I did 2 games throughout the season, plus finals)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
jobs/pay:
- babysitting
> family 1 - $150 for 16hrs (3mth old)
> family 2 - $25/night, up to 5hrs (6yr old twins)
> family 3 - days @ $10/hr, nights @ $15/hr, special events (eg. new years) @ $30/hr (5 children, aged between 2 & 9 yrs)

- camp australia (mainly work with kids - before/after school care and big events) - rate varies (~$18/hr)

- directs sales (streets/shopping centres) - commission (currently in limbo)

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
Malfoy said:

Job 1: Fashion retail
About $14 an hour, between 6 and 18 hours a week

Goddamn.

I'm 18, and a casual in Fashion retail and only get a 11.92 + super. It's the state award for a casual shop employees, but a friend of mine told me i should be getting more.. something about the shop employees award being intended for the hospitality industry or something. The only good thing about it is that I get 60% of the clothes (because we have to wear them) and have been assured regular shifts.

Please tell me i'm not being jipped. Everyone on here seems to be getting paid more than I am for what roughly equates as the same kind of work.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
LeftrightOut said:
>$60k would make me go "ok you did well straight out of uni" of course that is without super (so add a few more %) maybe $70k package. You get a better than $70k package and i'd say you were good.

Most grads start off fairly low which is why they will often skip their first job after a short period of time once they get experience. One of my friends managed a $50k package and has just moved on to a $80k package. Another started on $55k package and is still around $65k at the moment because he likes the travelling :)
With new graduates getting jobs more than the average starting package. Is it just a luck thing or a profile thing during your uni years or both?

pottsy44

HSC
T-mac01 said:
With new graduates getting jobs more than the average starting package. Is it just a luck thing or a profile thing during your uni years or both?
by profile during uni years, do you mean work experience? id say if you did a traineeship or cadetship during uni years it would greatly increase your starting package, although ultimately it would depend would field you were working in.

luck, of course some people get lucky and get better salaries then others for the same work.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
pottsy44 said:
by profile during uni years, do you mean work experience? id say if you did a traineeship or cadetship during uni years it would greatly increase your starting package, although ultimately it would depend would field you were working in.

luck, of course some people get lucky and get better salaries then others for the same work.
Well, actually I was thinking purely on your average grades. Btw, since you bought experience up, for engineering undergraduates, most students would need to look for an internship before they can graduate anyway. So doesn't that mean if one has more experience than another, wouldn't it mean that student would have to look for extra work experiences? IF that's the case, how do people find opportunities like that and maybe even get paid during their undergraduate courses? Would some employers even be expecting employees like that considering they get junior pays?

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
pottsy44 said:
slave labour?
I've worked as a kitchen hand for a month when I was 17. And never will I accept any casuals like that ever again. Kitchen hand is one of the worst jobs ever!!!

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
T-mac01 said:
I've worked as a kitchen hand for a month when I was 17. And never will I accept any casuals like that ever again. Kitchen hand is one of the worst jobs ever!!!
True, you have a somewhat high chance of getting burnt and to make the job 'worthwhile' you really need to be eating the food while working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)