Whats your most stupidist/ most embarrasing / interesting Learner experience? (1 Viewer)

android752000

HSC
N/A
I'll start the thread by saying that i did not know the brakes from the acelerator, and i went over a round about......lol!

dandel26

HSC
hahaha, i got pulled over by the police because they couldn't see mum (shes pretty small) next to me. The Cop comes over and takes a look over at mum, and hes like Woo sorry about that. Then for some reason he breath tested me, so strange.

android752000

HSC
N/A
lol...he breath tested you cos he would have felt pretty stupid making a mistake like that...he had to do something to fill in that embarassing moment!
The L plates get annoying as well...

Jiga

My two 'experiences' are:

* Went through a red light... was focusing on wtf this truck in the left lane was doing cos I thought he might use my lane to make a left turn and it was a set of lights that are 90% of the time green, so I floored it to get around him asap all the while not focusing on the lights at all
* Turning right in a no arrow intersection (where you have to wait for traffic going straight or turning left to go first), before the car going straight went!
* Nearly rear ending someone because I wasnt looking

All of these were prity major... but I think Im a better drive from it, after you have these kind of things you get abit more cautious and do less stupid things for eg I tend to not get distracted now cos I kno how easy it is to nearly rear end someone when looking away for a fraction of a sec!

CieL

HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
My two 'experiences' are:

* Went through a red light... was focusing on wtf this truck in the left lane was doing cos I thought he might use my lane to make a left turn and it was a set of lights that are 90% of the time green, so I floored it to get around him asap all the while not focusing on the lights at all
* Turning right in a no arrow intersection (where you have to wait for traffic going straight or turning left to go first), before the car going straight went!
* Nearly rear ending someone because I wasnt looking

All of these were prity major... but I think Im a better drive from it, after you have these kind of things you get abit more cautious and do less stupid things for eg I tend to not get distracted now cos I kno how easy it is to nearly rear end someone when looking away for a fraction of a sec!
BWAHAHHA I did that once too!
It was a small cross-intersection, and the lights turned green, I was about to turn right, then realised the car on the other side was coming towards me.. I was thinking, "why are you going? My lights are green!" BWAHAHA and the MOST embarrassing thing was..... *I honked them*

And straight after I realised that there was no green arrow so they had right of road... so I waited till everyone went straight till I turned right :eek:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
- When i first started, in quiet streets, 2 times i breifly went on to the wrong side of the road, luckly there were no cars around

- Also when i first started, on a roundabout i pressed the brake instead of the accelerator and came to a stop in the roundabout, while cars were beeping at me.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
I've never really had any problems, just random stallings by mistake at roundabouts and things...

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
never really had any troubles on my L's. But when i was on my red p's, driving through wollongong, i was sitting at an intersection that had a "no right turn" sign. I was sitting behind this taxi, and he was holding everyone up coz he wanted to turn right and was waiting for oncoming traffic. i had my window down, and my friend had her window down, and there was pedestrians all around us. There i am, screaming at the top of my lungs at this stupid taxi driver like "FUCK YOU!! YOU CANT TURN RIGHT YOU FUCKING TOOL!!!" *racist comment or 5 here* honking my horn over and over. hahah then i realised that under the words "no right turn" on the sign, it said "taxi's excepted". hahah all the pedestrians waiting to cross the lights just pissed themselves. god how embarrassing.

HSC
hahahaha you idiot, good work ;)

i didn't do anything too massively stupid .. drove straight over a little roundabout at about 80k .. i didn't think it was an actual roundabout, just like a little road decoration or something ('cause the road was kinda patterned) but i realised once i drove over it that it definitely was lol

Jiga

^

lol.... why is it only for taxis though, thats stupid! And you've got da old arse ford rite.... they must have thought you were some bogan from c'town lol :rofl:

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Shell said:
never really had any troubles on my L's. But when i was on my red p's, driving through wollongong, i was sitting at an intersection that had a "no right turn" sign. I was sitting behind this taxi, and he was holding everyone up coz he wanted to turn right and was waiting for oncoming traffic. i had my window down, and my friend had her window down, and there was pedestrians all around us. There i am, screaming at the top of my lungs at this stupid taxi driver like "FUCK YOU!! YOU CANT TURN RIGHT YOU FUCKING TOOL!!!" *racist comment or 5 here* honking my horn over and over. hahah then i realised that under the words "no right turn" on the sign, it said "taxi's excepted". hahah all the pedestrians waiting to cross the lights just pissed themselves. god how embarrassing.
lol, how embarassing!

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

lol.... why is it only for taxis though, thats stupid! And you've got da old arse ford rite.... they must have thought you were some bogan from c'town lol :rofl:
nah actually i was driving my friends tiny Mazda 323. If i was in my beast i would have just mowed him down. LOL not really. but the horn is a lot more threatening sounding than in this little bubble's "mep meep!" thing

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Schoolies_2004 said:
^

cause that road bisects two main streets, but is a main bus stop and taxi stand, so its buses and taxis only.[if its the one iam thinking of]

first lesson with a manual [broken clutch and fucked gearbox no less] i stalled coming out onto the princes highway infront of a big truck... he got pissed off and nearly hit me. Then i was a nervous wreck and tried to start really fast and bunnyhopped out blocking off the other lane aswell.. third try and made it onto the right lane and got going - to the sounds of applause from 6 female pedestrians...

my mate has done worse though, he was coming up to some lights that had turned yellow and so i gunned it to go through them...instructor had different plans though and slammed on the breaks, he said the car made this fucked up sound and then screeched to a stop really loudly and suddenly, he had an audience aswell because unfortunately this was infront of win stadium and southern stars[ or some other such dancing school aged girls crap] was coming out of the entertainment centre. Picture like 200 girls all pointing and laughing, some of which he knew from school.

I did way worse things once on my P's, ended up on the wrong way to Sydney so instead of driving to fuckign whoop whoop i turned around on the freeway[durnig the day, but there was plenty large enough gap] then coming back i nearly missed my turn, slammed on the breaks, slid a little and came to a stop directly facing the curb, half my shitbox blocking the exit, then i reversed out [back onto the freeway lane] so i could drive down the exit blocking some more traffic in the process.

Legham

HSC
Just after i'd gotten my L's, i'd had two one hour driving lessons and was out driving around town with my dad. Anyway, i hadn't gotten used to checking for pedestrians as you approach pedestrian crosssings, and so i didnt slow down at all, then i saw my driving instructor (who is also a good family friend) about to start walking across the crossing.. he saw me and had to do a kind of jump thing back onto the sidewalk.. and the whole time he was staring at me, and me and my dad just waved, and i felt like the biggest tool :p. We we're pissing ourselves about it afterwards though :p it was classic.. out of all the people in the world, it had to be my driving instructor at the crossing, not even 2 days after my last lesson..

Jiga

i nearly missed my turn, slammed on the breaks, slid a little and came to a stop directly facing the curb, half my shitbox blocking the exit, then i reversed out [back onto the freeway lane] so i could drive down the exit blocking some more traffic in the process.
Lol that is a good way to die... I remember reading an article where some young guy in the US did a similar thing and died because they missed a turn, turned to harshly for the speed they were going (100km/h), overcorrected, lost control and wrapped themselves around a divider :uhoh:

My only real moment of retardness on my P's was taking a corner in the wet on crappy front tyres to fast, the car understeered big time and I came to a halt less than a metre from the corner of the street... was lucky to cos my car is prity low at the front and it would have resulted in damage.

Legham

HSC
^A friend of mine did that but he actually hit the guitar.. Bent the axles and had to get them repaired the day after he bought the car :p

edit: Lol, by guitar i meant gutter.. I'm gonna leave it there..

Kys

HSC
i hit a brick wall when i was turning around once... it was when i was learning to drive sooooo embarasing and my dad told evry1

HSC
hahaha i reversed into a big stack of bricks like two days after i got my licence. scared the shit out of me and my friends thought it was hilarious, didn't actually damage my car at all though luckily

Sofstar

HSC
Hehehe. i forgot to look at a roundabout. :). Luckily the car on my right was turning to their left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)