What's your motivation? (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aplus said:
My motivation is to envision a future scenario where I screw up my exam and end up with a disappointing mark. I try to visualise how I would be feeling if I screwed up. This then motivates me, because I do not want any of these terrible things to come true.
Me too. Just imagining being beaten in yr 11 and 12 makes me irritated.

selablad

HSC
foram said:
If anybody gets a higher marks than me.
Oh, that clears things up...

I don't really care when randoms beat me, but a couple of my friends are super-competitive and when they beat me, I never hear the end of it :vcross: so I make sure not to let them beat me :D

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The highest mark can still be a shit mark. That's why I don't really like to make a comparical analysis of marks between students. For example, say you got the highest mark which was 75%, and the average mark was 60%. It's still a shit mark. That's kind of what I've been telling myself. Don't make excuses. Who cares what everybody else gets. Okay, the exam might have been difficult. The average turns out to be 60%. But don't even think about using that as an excuse. So everybody got a shit mark. You have to ask yourself, why did YOU get such a crap mark. Just because everyone did shit, it doesn't mean your mark should conform to that pattern. Just because everyone fucked up, it doesn't mean that you have an excuse to fuck up.

beve

Jesus
HSC
kaz1 said:
Aren't most people in this forum?
No.?

I live out near Bathurst. In a tiny little school with tiny little resources and a tiny little range of subjects to pick from.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aplus said:
The highest mark can still be a shit mark. That's why I don't really like to make a comparical analysis of marks between students. For example, say you got the highest mark which was 75%, and the average mark was 60%. It's still a shit mark. That's kind of what I've been telling myself. Don't make excuses. Who cares what everybody else gets. Okay, the exam might have been difficult. The average turns out to be 60%. But don't even think about using that as an excuse. So everybody got a shit mark. You have to ask yourself, why did YOU get such a crap mark. Just because everyone did shit, it doesn't mean your mark should conform to that pattern. Just because everyone fucked up, it doesn't mean that you have an excuse to fuck up.
Qft.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
beve said:
No.?

I live out near Bathurst. In a tiny little school with tiny little resources and a tiny little range of subjects to pick from.
Most people doesn't include all people. There are obviously some people that are not asian.

beve

Jesus
HSC
kaz1 said:
Most people doesn't include all people. There are obviously some people that are not asian.
why are we stereotyping anyhow?

i don't believe your racial background defines how well you'll go at school, it's how well you study and apply yourself on a personal level.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
I still think it's a guideline of how you went. Comparing yourself to other people, who you know you should beat etc.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lyounamu said:
Forgetting the above posts and I will say what my motivation is. :) :)

My motivation is myself. I am the one who wants to improve, I am the one who wishes to get result and I am the one who will get the consequences for my poor (or hard work).

I am usually proud of myself for working hard in most of my subjects but I sometimes let myself down.

By the way, another motivation for me is my mark (wheter it is good or not). If it is good, I am happy so I want to do better. If I get bad mark, I want to get out of that bad-mark-cycle. Either way, I know that I will improve.
I concur. i came back to better myself and to acheive my future dream or being a FORENSIC ANTHROPOLOGY and FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST (yay dead people)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
I still think it's a guideline of how you went. Comparing yourself to other people, who you know you should beat etc.
Yeah, but in a recent Mathematics Extension 1 Assessment about half the grade or more failed. I can't use this as an excuse for my own marks. So what, if most of the grade did bad? What does that have to do with me?

Brontecat

HSC
old thread lol.

for everyone to lazy to go back to page 1 the q is
"Hey guys,

Do many of the year 11ers out there know what they want to do at Uni? It's very inspiring to see how hard lots of you are working! If you don't know what you are planning to do after school, how do you get the motivation to keep working towards a fantastic UAI?
I have no idea what I want to do at Uni, but I keep working for a high UAI because I don't want to look back and know I could have done better.

Any other philosophies people use to stay on track? "

my motivation recently became the knowledge that id probably like to become a primary school teacher, not 100% sure yet but its defs motivating me for now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)