What's your motivation? (1 Viewer)

shimmer205

HSC
Hey guys,

Do many of the year 11ers out there know what they want to do at Uni? It's very inspiring to see how hard lots of you are working! If you don't know what you are planning to do after school, how do you get the motivation to keep working towards a fantastic UAI?
I have no idea what I want to do at Uni, but I keep working for a high UAI because I don't want to look back and know I could have done better.

Any other philosophies people use to stay on track?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
shimmer205 said:
Hey guys,

Do many of the year 11ers out there know what they want to do at Uni? It's very inspiring to see how hard lots of you are working! If you don't know what you are planning to do after school, how do you get the motivation to keep working towards a fantastic UAI?
I have no idea what I want to do at Uni, but I keep working for a high UAI because I don't want to look back and know I could have done better.

Any other philosophies people use to stay on track?
Well, some people don't really need a fantastic UAI to do just about anything you want at uni. I suppose simply getting over 99 will let you do just about anything you want, except space aeronautical engineering or medicine.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
foram said:
Well, some people don't really need a fantastic UAI to do just about anything you want at uni. I suppose simply getting over 99 will let you do just about anything you want, except space aeronautical engineering or medicine.
With a UAI of 99 or above, you can easily get into Medicine, depending on each University's cut-off, how well you went in your interview and your overall UMAT score.

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
I think this is the biggest thing for everyone. I allready know people who have dropped out pre ap1's simply because they could not keep up with the work and were not motivated.

For me i just want to finish school and go on my year 13 exhange =]. To know that as soon as i finish i can go overseas helps me alot.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Rebekkie said:
I just want to beat all cousins (have 2 who did hsc last year, another 3 with me this year, and 2 more next year).
You're lucky i'm not your cousin then. :D

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
lol hahaha my motivation is a good office job with air con where i can get paid good money instead of back breaking labour for only $10 an hour :D
wow thats your motivation? a good office job or are you being sarcastic?... why work in a office, when you work in an office you get stuck in daily routine and get used to a salary and makes it even harder if you want to change, maybe this is just me personally i will never ever work in an office im exact opposite my motivation is never to be in a "good" offcie job.

jellybelly59

HSC
the name i want said:
wow thats your motivation? a good office job or are you being sarcastic?... why work in a office, when you work in an office you get stuck in daily routine and get used to a salary and makes it even harder if you want to change, maybe this is just me personally i will never ever work in an office im exact opposite my motivation is never to be in a "good" offcie job.
nope no sarcasm intended... if i want change ill just find a different office job at a different place to follow a different routine till i get sick of that :D Also, i intend to find an office job where i'm not socially isolated from the rest of the world and probably something that im interested in. As for "why work in an office?" umm... i like a job where everything is accessible with a stable income :D

adidasboy

weee
HSC
the name i want said:
Rather work in the blazing hot sun w/ minimal wage, then coming home sweaty & exhausted only to find your kids crying from starving. You drive to woolies to stock on food and you realise you are low on petrol. You pay for petrol but have only $5 left for food. On the way home, you think: damn.. why didn't I choose that office job?!

I'd choose the office job, they are generally the higher paid jobs.

HSC
adidasboy said:
Rather work in the blazing hot sun w/ minimal wage, then coming home sweaty & exhausted only to find your kids crying from starving. You drive to woolies to stock on food and you realise you are low on petrol. You pay for petrol but have only $5 left for food. On the way home, you think: damn.. why didn't I choose that office job?!

I'd choose the office job, they are generally the higher paid jobs.
Seriously have you ever done an office job work seriously, its the most draining thing to fucking do so boring and routine.

If i have kids ofcourse i would do it when i know i am financially stable so
i wish to be a known artist that travels the world and does art all day (freelance) and travels to see my favourite bands and also do shoots for them and do photoshots for mags and i have to go to like antartica to do it or do shots of the skate scence in india ect. you know a good job being your own boss and not being a sucker for routine and stuck

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
the name i want said:
Seriously have you ever done an office job work seriously, its the most draining thing to fucking do so boring and routine.

If i have kids ofcourse i would do it when i know i am financially stable so
i wish to be a known artist that travels the world and does art all day (freelance) and travels to see my favourite bands and also do shoots for them and do photoshots for mags and i have to go to like antartica to do it or do shots of the skate scence in india ect. you know a good job being your own boss and not being a sucker for routine and stuck
You do know that its like a one in a hundred million chance of success if you're aiming for self-employed art. :( Shouldn't you be aiming for something more enjoyable anyway, like maybe investment banking.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
shimmer205 said:
Hey guys,

Do many of the year 11ers out there know what they want to do at Uni?
Not everyone wants to go to uni.

foram said:
You're lucky i'm not your cousin then.
Yeah I guess she is lucky cause she doesn't have shit cousins like you :D

jellybelly59 said:
nope no sarcasm intended... if i want change ill just find a different office job at a different place to follow a different routine till i get sick of that Also, i intend to find an office job where i'm not socially isolated from the rest of the world and probably something that im interested in. As for "why work in an office?" umm... i like a job where everything is accessible with a stable income
have you ever had an office job before? i guess you will never know what you actually want until you have a feel of it.

HSC
foram said:
You do know that its like a one in a hundred million chance of success if you're aiming for self-employed art. :( Shouldn't you be aiming for something more enjoyable anyway, like maybe investment banking.
So i want it and i will get it haha i will never ever ever evr work in retail or office jobs my main two goals, and melanieeee is right in her last comment

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nope - I have no idea what I wanna do in University. And foram - the one in a hundred million chance of success is greater than you ever admitting that you did something wrong. :D

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
Not everyone wants to go to uni.
Yea. Drug addicts don't want to go to uni.

melanieeeee. said:
Yeah I guess she is lucky cause she doesn't have shit cousins like you :D
What are you talking about! Everybody wants to be my cousin. :D I'm possibly the best cousin there is!

melanieeeee. said:
have you ever had an office job before? i guess you will never know what you actually want until you have a feel of it.
He wants the money, but he doesn't like back breaking labor. What other job could he get?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Office jobs aren't necessarily boring. :)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
foram said:
Yea. Drug addicts don't want to go to uni.
And some of the most successful people haven't gone to uni. And btw thats not what I ment. I ment maybe a GAP year, maybe TAFE, maybe WORK... maybe later in life Uni but not necessarily right away.

What are you talking about! Everybody wants to be my cousin. :D I'm possibly the best cousin there is!
Why would anyone want to have a shit cousin that knows nothing about life.

He wants the money, but he doesn't like back breaking labor. What other job could he get?
Did you even read what I wrote?

P.S. Stop being shit!

Aerath said:
Office jobs aren't necessarily boring. :)
Office jobs aren't necessarily fun either. I guess what is considered boring is subjective and everyone has their own opinions but how can you say that its not necessarily boring when you've never even tried it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)