Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Homosexual

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Other?

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters

ay0_x

HSC
Yeh, some people classify it as the same. To be honest though, I don't think I could be pansexual XD Pansexuality goes beyond the realms of humans doesn't it? Or at least it can. Right? :S
Not as far as I know? pansexual just means... female, male, hermaphrodite, transexual, w/e.. is okay... I dont think it extends to animals and shit. ;/

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Just read the pomosexual wikipedia page.

PoMo shit. It's not a form of sexuality, it just refers to people who try to avoid the traditional labels attached to sexual orientation. Like gay people who don't want to classify in the whole feminine queer thing. That is me but I wouldn't be as wanky as to care about it.

I like boys, which, for the purposes of communication, means I'm gay. G.A.Y. Why would anyone waste their time on getting hung up over its connotations? Makes you a bigger queen than all the queers.

sparkle83

HSC
Straight, because there's no way I'd enjoy getting it on with another woman!

However I can appreciate beauty in a woman, and do admire other ladies, in the sense that I sometimes read one of my housemate's men's mags - I find the women in them facsinating. x

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Not as far as I know? pansexual just means... female, male, hermaphrodite, transexual, w/e.. is okay... I dont think it extends to animals and shit. ;/
Yes, well I don't think I'd be able to get with a hermaphrodite or transexual either :S

I like boys, which, for the purposes of communication, means I'm gay. G.A.Y. Why would anyone waste their time on getting hung up over its connotations? Makes you a bigger queen than all the queers.
And I don't think my choosing to label myself pomosexual makes me a bigger queen than all the queers. It's just how I feel. I can't really help that. And besides, I don't think I am overly feminine person. I.e. If I were gay, I doubt I would be considered "queeny". Gay works for you, and that's great. It just doesn't work for me... Nor does bi or hetero.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
How is a sexuality meant to work for you? It's just an arbitrary definition attached to who you are sexually attracted to. It's not a definition for who you are as a person and I don't understand people who put so much emphasis on defining themselves through their sexuality.

Straight: opposite sex
Gay: same sex
Bisexual: both men and women
Pansexual: all humans regardless of gender

Where exactly does pomosexual fit there?

ay0_x

HSC
How is a sexuality meant to work for you? It's just an arbitrary definition attached to who you are sexually attracted to. It's not a definition for who you are as a person and I don't understand people who put so much emphasis on defining themselves through their sexuality.

In the "I'm Too Cool For Your Sexuality Spectrum" category.

Not much different from gays/lesbians who don't like being called gays/lesbians.

Lukybear

HSC
Wait. Can some1 tell me what exactly is pansexual? Theres two genders men and women. Am i missing something?

ay0_x

HSC
Wait. Can some1 tell me what exactly is pansexual? Theres two genders men and women. Am i missing something?
Ugh, yes.

There's hermaphrodites. Look them up. There's actually a lot of people who are born not quite male not quite female.

There's transexuals. Not many straight or even people would hook up with a transexual, even post op.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yoddle nods furiously.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC

I'm not trying to annoy anyone. I am just talking about what works for me.
It is obviously your opinion that you feel it's an arbitrary definition or clause I place on myself, and that's fine. Please just try to understand that I don't identify with any of the sexualities you listed. I knew this before I found the term "pomosexual". Little did I know, when I was figuring all this out, that the term existed. When I found it, it fit. It suits me. I am not asking for you to change your perceptions or opinions, but to try and understand where I am coming from. It is just a word that describes what I have felt for a while now. To be clear, I did not find the term and change what I felt. I felt a certain way, and then found a term that I could identity with.

CecilyMare

HSC
I think there are quite a number of people you'd expect to feel that 'certain way' and then end up identifying themselves as 'pomosexuals'.

I'm bisexual, but only 6% gay.

It's a bit like directions on a compass, if gay were to be west and straight were to be north, I'd be NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNW

if you know what i mean.

s-p-a-c-e-d

HSC
I think there are quite a number of people you'd expect to feel that 'certain way' and then end up identifying themselves as 'pomosexuals'.

I'm bisexual, but only 6% gay.

It's a bit like directions on a compass, if gay were to be west and straight were to be north, I'd be NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNW

if you know what i mean.
i'll only believe you if you return with evidence in the form of a badly-written facebook quiz

NAO

Vaeth

HSC
The streets, A gay story (BBC tv series) quotes something like;

'everyone is a little bit gay. The ones who say they're Normal are the ones who are most insecure about facing that fact. Everyone is a little bi curious"

That being said, my own sexuality is pretty Asexual. I've no interest in people in general. I have more of an interest in... intriguing beings.
Male or female, though I find females to be less interesting as they pose less of a challenge to me.

Got2Kno91

HSC
I too am ghey. Never been attracted to girls at any point in my life in the slightest, I mean they're plenty of really pretty ones and all, but for some reason all this doesn't translate to them floating my boat. Suprised at how large a proportion of people identify themselves as gay or bi on this site, almost 30% of total? Maybe there's just an over-representation in this poll.

I wonder what the general % in the general population is (of gay or significantly bi), i'm guessing around 5-7%?

Last edited:

stefgi32

Meh
HSC
N/A
Lulz I'd probably get more cock than you ever will in your entire life.
BAHAHAHAHAHA, OWNED!!! I love it.

Yes, a lot of closeted guys open up online.....I'm sure some guys who've admitted to being gay here are not out in real life. There is actually a gay club here on BoS that ya'all can go to, and meet others like yourselves. I'm trying to arrange it atm, quite unsuccessfully. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)