Votes: 85 13.7%
  • Trans

Votes: 12 1.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 3.7%

• Total voters

Redgoddess

HSC
yeah, having religious parents/judgemental parents would be really hard. my dad's kinda in denial - it hasnt come up again since i told him, and i told him after my ex and i broke up so he hasnt had to deal with me dating a girl (long story as to why i had to tell him, not v interesting).

i guess it's not *that* hard to fake straight until you get involved with ppl, that's when it becomes difficult. dating a girl was the catalyst for me telling most of my friends, and they were all really cool about it. i feel a lot better now that i'm not trying to hide who i am. but you gotta do what you gotta do, and if hiding it works for you, then go with it. i just got to a point where i couldnt be fucked really. hehe, laziness. but hten again i guess it's less risk in yr12 cos if ppl decide they dont wanna be friends then it's no major loss - if they judge you by sexuality they probably werent worth staying in touch with after yr12 ended anyway. *shrug*

puglover

HSC
i just feel like its not something i have to come out with.
its my business and dont feel i need to explain it to somebody else..
it just makes it sound like being gay is a bad thing.
you know what for a change, i think straight people should come out aswell,
if your straight, sit your parents down on the sofa, look in to their eyes and say, mum and dad, im straight. their most likely reaction will be something like "so what"

Last edited:

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I think the majority of people are straight. But all the other bi, trans, homo and "other" are getting accepted...

puglover

HSC
i just hate how we have to like talk about it like it is some big deal.
bloody homophobics.

"whats your sexuality?" -who fuckin cares.

-----
sorry for my rant and bad language.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
agentprovocater said:
LOL...i encourage all str8 ppl to do that!

U noe guys...sometimes i think to myself...what if make myself "straight"....and
marry a nice girl...have a family...(like my family wud expect when im older), as im crazy abt kids...but then i come to my senses...i cant cheat a girl..destroy her life...but at times i felt like forgetting abt what/who i am and just fuking get a gf and start living as a Str8...but then there's that valid shit abt staying true to urself..etc...

*sad smile*

lol i mustv sounded lyk and f-ing sook ahahaahaha...but yea, wat can u do :p

i'll just start being a slut until i find luv..yea..that'll do lmao
You know you could just adopt when you're older, in the meantime your brothers/sisters/cousins will have kids of their own and there is no reason why you can't be involved to at least some extent in their lives.

agentprovocater said:
my mate came out to me last year during HSC and I fully accepted that obviously...but i didnt tell him i was...haha...kinda secretive aren't I?
I gotta admit that I don't understand this...You have a friend that trusts you so greatly, that despite his belief in your facade of heterosexuality and religious background (which condemn's homosexuality yes?) he still tells you this about himself. I'd have thought he'd be the perfect person for you to confide in.

Last edited:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
kami said:
You know you could just adopt when you're older, in the meantime your brothers/sisters/cousins will have kids of their own and there is no reason why you can't be involved to at least some extent in their lives.

just don't extent too far, we don't want to see you on the news anytime soon:wave:

EDIT: sorry, the above post was in bad taste, im ashamed i even put that up there :(

Last edited:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
puglover said:
i just hate how we have to like talk about it like it is some big deal.
bloody homophobics.

"whats your sexuality?" -who fuckin cares.

-----
sorry for my rant and bad language.
this i presume

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
puglover said:
yeah

..umz and im bi
so?

your the one making a problem.
you said
puglover said:
I just hate how we have to like talk about it like it is some big deal.
bloody homophobics
homophobics?
The question is "What's your sexuality?"

not...

"What's your sexuality straight people, oh you disgusting faggots, rancid lesbians, and greedy trendy bisexuals, you seriously all get the fuck out of here, adn take your fucked up idea of sex with you, you disgusting slime"

Redgoddess

HSC
um if we're all discussing it openly isnt that NOT making a big deal of it? people are just talking about their experiences as straight/gay/lesbian/bi/trans/other individuals. no different from talking about most relationships except ppl are qualifying which gender(s) they want to be involved with. i think the fact that you're so concerned about ppl discussing that is making a big deal. everyone's just comfortably discussing their relationship preferences, not going "OMG you're GAY? lol! i hope you die".

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I didn't say you were wrong!
I was just saying you brought it up, without particular reference to member or posts.

Redgoddess

HSC
puglover said:
ok im sorry.
i was in the wrong.
=/
hehe it's cool. i can understand where you're coming from, like sexuality is just part of who you are it's not that big a deal, but i guess this forum's just sorta a place for us to discuss that sorta thing, and i know personally i'm comfortable with who i am but i like to read about other ppl's experiences and stuff. *shrugs* you're forgiven ^.^ :p

Redgoddess

HSC
ha, okay, i'll give you the abbreviated story.

- my parents are separated and i live with my mum
- one day my mum came home while the girl who i ended up dating (we werent dating at the time) was you know hitting on me, and it was fairly obvious she was a lesbian, anyway so mum does the whole interrogation thing and i figure, what the hell, might as well tell her
- me and my girl get together, date for a few months, then she comes away with me and my family. my mum decides that she doesn't like the way i was being treated (bs, she just didnt see everything that was going on, we had goes at each other but it was in fun, oh she also claimed i was being distracted,not true, got waaaaay more distracted/apathetic after the break up. not once that week did we fight). aaaaaaanyway, so we get back, drop her off, mum's fuming and says that i'm banned from msn (my primary way of communicating with my girl).
- i'm in the car with dad going up to his place, his phone rings, mum tells him to enforce computer ban and says they're going to have to have a talk.
- i'm assuming that this is mum giving me a chance to tell dad that i dated a girl. i figured it would be better coming from me than my pissed off mother. so i told him. it was mildly awkward, but yeah. *shrugs*

anyway so my mum banned me from seeing my girl, i was shattered. i became really depressed for a couple of months, was really shitty for a couple of months, mum and i had a huuuuuuuuge fight, she lifted the ban, but by then it was too late for me to get back with my girl (plus some stuff had been said which shouldnt have been, mainly cos i was really emotionally fucked up, and she was probably right when she said it wouldnt work anyway).

so the story ends here - my ex and i are now quite friendly, we caught up over coffee the other day, she's got a new g/f, i'm on the lookout and stuff with me and my mum is all good. so life's looking up. i'm figuring i have way better chances of meeting ppl at uni in sydney than at high school in wollongong, so i'm hanging out for that. in the meantime i'm just chilling, hooking up with guys at parties, attempting to hook up with girls lol

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
Redgoddess said:
ha, okay, i'll give you the abbreviated story.

- my parents are separated and i live with my mum
- one day my mum came home while the girl who i ended up dating (we werent dating at the time) was you know hitting on me, and it was fairly obvious she was a lesbian, anyway so mum does the whole interrogation thing and i figure, what the hell, might as well tell her
- me and my girl get together, date for a few months, then she comes away with me and my family. my mum decides that she doesn't like the way i was being treated (bs, she just didnt see everything that was going on, we had goes at each other but it was in fun, oh she also claimed i was being distracted,not true, got waaaaay more distracted/apathetic after the break up. not once that week did we fight). aaaaaaanyway, so we get back, drop her off, mum's fuming and says that i'm banned from msn (my primary way of communicating with my girl).
- i'm in the car with dad going up to his place, his phone rings, mum tells him to enforce computer ban and says they're going to have to have a talk.
- i'm assuming that this is mum giving me a chance to tell dad that i dated a girl. i figured it would be better coming from me than my pissed off mother. so i told him. it was mildly awkward, but yeah. *shrugs*

anyway so my mum banned me from seeing my girl, i was shattered. i became really depressed for a couple of months, was really shitty for a couple of months, mum and i had a huuuuuuuuge fight, she lifted the ban, but by then it was too late for me to get back with my girl (plus some stuff had been said which shouldnt have been, mainly cos i was really emotionally fucked up, and she was probably right when she said it wouldnt work anyway).

so the story ends here - my ex and i are now quite friendly, we caught up over coffee the other day, she's got a new g/f, i'm on the lookout and stuff with me and my mum is all good. so life's looking up. i'm figuring i have way better chances of meeting ppl at uni in sydney than at high school in wollongong, so i'm hanging out for that. in the meantime i'm just chilling, hooking up with guys at parties, attempting to hook up with girls lol

wow. at least your parents know now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)