• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

When 2 marry? (1 Viewer)

davo_

good kid
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
I've got my whole life planned out:

18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 - Undergraduate years (I'm doing a double degree)

24, 25 - Masters in Psychology/begin career

26 - Get engaged - If I'm allowed to do a PhD then I would

27 - High school reunion - showing off time lol

27.5 - "I do"...

29.5-30 - Kids?! *hic* - I'd love to have 2 or 3 rugrats

30s - Get a PhD done in Psychology
How boring are you?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I have no desire to get married unitil Ive finished studying, I have a sterdy career and I have travelled.

My current bf is 22 almost 23 I dunno how long he'll wait (but we havent even bothered discussing it cos we've only been together 5months), but a lot of his and my friends are getting married, I'm almost 20 and I still have to finish my degree and then I wanna do my masters (should be finished in 2009)- that still leaves me being roughly 21 maybe 22 depending on month...still too young. Then I wanna travel and get a career... I dont mind being engaged and studying masters but I wont be married til Il 23ish so thats another 3 years away at least haha.

I havent really thought about it.

punkoohi

HSC
well i personally dont know, i want to have a stable career beforehand, and also travel!!! everywhere!!!! THENNN find someone and get married, so i have nooo idea... sometimes i feel like if i dont get married, then i wont care... but other times i feel like ill care

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
and for ur info we are going to get married, my boyfriend still has one year of tafe to go so after that its more likely that we will marry.
Doesn't that scare you? I mean, getting married young and all?
It freaks the crap out of me.

lengy

HSC
lol Casmira's back!

I'd say early thirties with an early to mid twenties girl. Miss that and I'm going to stay a bachelor.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
Cykologi_gal said:
I've got my whole life planned out:

18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 - Undergraduate years (I'm doing a double degree)

24, 25 - Masters in Psychology/begin career

26 - Get engaged - If I'm allowed to do a PhD then I would

27 - High school reunion - showing off time lol

27.5 - "I do"...

29.5-30 - Kids?! *hic* - I'd love to have 2 or 3 rugrats

30s - Get a PhD done in Psychology
You are so dumb it hurts. Your plan is not only not likely, it's hell boring.

I'm getting married when I stop posting on this forum.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
I also have my whole life planned out:

18:21 - Undergrad degree, start career thereafter

~22 - First marriage, after about 3 months of courtship

23 - First kid, repeat yearly until 4 kids obtained

29 - First divorce, continue on happily enough

31 - Second marriage, more considered this time, 2nd wife resents my kids, I don't appreciate hers either

35 - Second divorce, incur truely massive losses at the family court, lose savings, house, car, business to 2nd wife

36 - Unable to afford child support payments, go to gaol.

36 - Unable to continue professional practise with criminal record, lose job

37 - On dole, living in commission homes, turn to the drink

38 - Massive alcoholic, overweight, depressed, etc.

39 - Murder/suicide of previous wife and children, with an axe.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Your life plan is more entertaining than the previous one.

Also more attainable.

lengy

HSC
What's the point of life if you can't experience both the good and the bad?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I used to think that I'd only ever get married after I graduate and I've worked for a few years and that will probably still be the case.

Bear in mind though that by the time I finish my degree (if all goes to plan with Honours) I'll be 22, he'll be 25 and we will have been going out for 5 years.

So perhaps by then, we might get married just after uni, rather than after a few more years.

Or tragedy strikes and we break up. Which would make me very sad :(

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Because sherlock my one yr anniversary is next week and there is no point in measuring that now is there???? and for ur info we are going to get married, my boyfriend still has one year of tafe to go so after that its more likely that we will marry. Does that answer ur question enuf for u???
jesus i don't know how you people do it. I've met tonnes of girls who hope to get married to their one year relationship.

one year is so early days! (no offense to people who've never hit the one year mark, but put it into perspective........)

I'm friends with a couple of 8 years and they only just got engaged. JUST. They're 26 and 29, and will marry in a year.

I suppose people are different, and there are awesome stories that work out, and its just nice to hypothesise about it, but personally when I do, I freak out at all odds. Or I have other things to worry about, like how to kick start a career or if I could afford a decent car anytime soon.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
Because sherlock my one yr anniversary is next week and there is no point in measuring that now is there???? and for ur info we are going to get married, my boyfriend still has one year of tafe to go so after that its more likely that we will marry. Does that answer ur question enuf for u???

ur_inner_child said:
jesus i don't know how you people do it. I've met tonnes of girls who hope to get married to their one year relationship.

one year is so early days! (no offense to people who've never hit the one year mark, but put it into perspective........)

I'm friends with a couple of 8 years and they only just got engaged. JUST. They're 26 and 29, and will marry in a year.

I suppose people are different, and there are awesome stories that work out, and its just nice to hypothesise about it, but personally when I do, I freak out at all odds. Or I have other things to worry about, like how to kick start a career or if I could afford a decent car anytime soon.
Pretty much early on we knew it was meant to be so yeah the prospect of marriage is all good to us

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

Agreed, my boy and I have been going out for 5months and theres no way in another 7 I'd be ready to marry him (even if I'd finished uni and travelled) a year is NOT long enough to be able to decide that. Sure after a year you may love them, I dunno I've never been in love. But its not a long enough period of time to determine whether you can love them your whole life and live with them.

IF all goes to plan and I end up marrying my boy after uni and travel and carrer, we will have been together for 3 and a bit years, I think that thats sufficient, at least for engagement.

lengy

HSC
I generally come to the assumption that those of lower socio-economic standing are more likely to marry, especially if they are religious. Whether this is a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)