• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

When 2 marry? (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
It all depends on the people and the situation... Most of us can't see how someone would want to get married that quickly, I know I don't. But then again there are people out there who've known each other for a short time, married and are perfectly happy.

But divorce rates are massive these days, and knowing someone is just right for marriage, I'd think, would take time.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Ordinary doesn't always mean boring and divorces aren't all exciting either lol. I just like to have a big picture - I'm a Grand Planner. Travelling is enough for me. I didn't include parties in there anyway. I'd rather have a stable and sky-rocking career (that I love, mind you) than a record number of marriages that would even make Hollywood proud - whether you're joking or not with the second life-map, which parodied mine. After all, we're all different.

I detest it when one attempts to define excitement in life for someone else...which is why I also hated it when they played R'nb music at the Formals when you're wearing floor-sweeping gowns...

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
I detest it when one attempts to define excitement in life for someone else...which is why I also hated it when they played R'nb music at the Formals when you're wearing floor-sweeping gowns...
That doesn't even make sense.

ashh

HSC
id like 2 get engaged bout 23/24, then married 25/26, kids soon after, ideally. wherever i go from there i dunno, havent thought that far ahead...
my bf agrees with the ages (lol good sign so far...)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Given the events of the past two months, I have to say ... never. I never intend to even have a relationship of any kind let alone get married.

Any dreamerish jokes, take a number and get in line (here's looking at you, Nolan).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I've been wanting to do this for a very long time, brogan (and assuming it loads this century, I can!).

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
breaking said:
what an enthralling life.
Being a borderline mysogynist (sp?) will do that to you ... hence the references to not wanting any sort of relationship whatsoever.

Last edited:

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
brogan77 said:
Dreamerish, don't trouble yourself...nothing she says makes sense.
Ahh, well, I don't usually put everything bluntly. What I meant was that people can have different tastes, and Formals were just an example of it - that annoyed me the most really back at school. I just don't see how it's exciting when you're wearing your dream dress, then dancing to crap music in your opinion. I realize that many ppl would think that rock/RnB are exciting to dance to, but that's just not for me, same with my life plans, many people would plan similiarly (as wild) to eachother, but I just can't stand much wildness/parties, even though I hate routine stuff at times.

I was sorta loosely referring to how people were saying that my grand plans were too ordinary i.e. boring.

Last edited:

Skeeta

HSC
I've decided to shut the fuck up about getting engaged actually - its all i've been thinking about for about a month now and i'm driving everyone bonkers. Bloody hormones. Stupid men.

I've been with my boy for 4.5 years. Long enough IMO. Cept we're both studying and poor. But with only 1 year of studying left for him and 2 for me, it seems like time.

And now.. i'm going to have a big glass of shut the fuck up :eek:

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Oh i dont wanna think abt marriage yet.

How do u know or so confident he/she is 'the one' to marry..?

You must have that much confidence to be that sure.. plus marriage is jus the beginning.. living together expenses and many more .. $$$$$

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
We're at such an age where everything around you can change. Your perception in life, your career, your education, your finances, your friends etc, you will change who you are and so could your partner.

We're so young and we're still finding our feet in the real world really.
I don't think I'd marry until I have a firm grasp of it.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
my parents think gus should marry at thirty. Finish degree, see the world a bit, then get a job, cus u sure as hell aren't gonna have time to travel/holiday once ur married.

Personally, i think anytime between 25-30 is good, for the kid's sake. imagine you're a kid with 60yo parents... That's the problem with couples delaying parenthood.

-P_D

Skeeta

HSC
!! CaR`JiE !! said:
Oh i dont wanna think abt marriage yet.

How do u know or so confident he/she is 'the one' to marry..?

You must have that much confidence to be that sure.. plus marriage is jus the beginning.. living together expenses and many more .. $$$$$
I dont know if this is directed at me. But when you've been through it all and you're still together at the end of it you know its meant to be.

You have living expenses, single or in a couple - at least you arent completely reliant on yourself.

Plus at the end of the day - some people are ina relationship for ayear before getting married, others are in one for 10 before the vows are said. In theory if both are going to end up shit creek, it doesnt particularly matter does it?

edit: i'm not saying its GOING to end up in shit creek

nwatts

HSC
yeah a cousin of mine was with her boyfriend for 2 and a half months before getting engaged, married soonafter. found it really odd, but considering this side of the family is pretty heavily influenced by their christian views, it wasn't that surprising. they wanted to live together without being shunned, now seem pretty happy. :)

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
i dont even want to be engaged until ive finishd uni (at least 2 1/2 years) - but, i dunno, i dont think id be ready for being engaged until id lived with the person for quite a while - 6 months to a year,...and im not gonna be doin that either till ive finishd uni...everything goes on hold for me until uni finishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)