When are the preliminaries? (1 Viewer)

Evertonian

HSC
I just wanted to know, when are they preliminary exams usually held? Like i know its in term 3 but roughly what week in term 3 would it be?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
There is no exact date, like the SC and the HSC, unless the teachers have already set the exams for next years year 11's which is highly unlikely... Do you mean the yearly exams? Because our preliminary subjects start straight after the holidays...Explain clearer?

Evertonian

HSC
Well im going on holidays, and i wanted to know a rough idea of when the preliminary exams would be

Evertonian

HSC
Uhh, my schools site doesnt have a calender :( And i dont think i can ring now. So no one has a rough idea of when they are on

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
You realise you will have more than one lot of exams

y/n?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Most probably will some tiem last 3 weeks of term 3. I'd put money on it.

HSC
Um, you still have many months to ask and plan around it. Wait until you get back to school and ask people who actually have a clue? >_>

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Each school sets there own dates for this.

My school, for instance, has our preliminary exams in the last week of Term 3 but other schools will hold them earlier and I have heard of schools that hold them in Term 4 (I know that Term 4 is when schools can start the HSC but they don't have to if they haven't finished the preliminary course. In fact the last time my school was inspected for registration we were criticised for having the exams that week as, in the words of the Board of Studies inspectors, it wasn't possible to complete the preliminary courses in the sciences or maths in Term 3 - we ignored them but it shows some of their mindset.)

dpospination

HSC
prelims are usually in the last 2 or three weeks of term 3, so u do them and go into holidays

sworntosecrecy

HSC
Well my school would usually have them in like Week 8 or 9 of Term 3. So yeah, you'd have to just wait till you start school and find out...

OMG SCHOOL IN 3 DAYS! Ahhhhhh can't I just do the School Certificate again? Come on..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)