when did everyone start their 4 unit course? (1 Viewer)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
mmm

thing is, we're moving really quickly this year.
:-\

Have you seen what they're examining us in the third assessments? They've put in resisted motion, integration, Complex, polynomials, harder 3u motion and graphing. We got harder 3u probability and harder 3u circlegeo in the last assessments. :-\
I'm quite sure they're gonna try and teach us everything before trials. Hrm, not sure though

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
We started just after the 2u HSC, so some time in October last year.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
shit!...that's not fair!...i want more periods!
Seems about right tho. 4U at my school is 12 x 80min a fortnight which works out to be 0.1hrs more...

With schools that do 4U first term of Yr 12, do you still do extra periods in term 4 Yr 11 and just do more 3U?

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
what is Ruse up to?
I heard they start waaayyy before anyone else.

:confused:

:)
They prolly all accelerated last year:p

HSC
Originally posted by Estel
Seems about right tho. 4U at my school is 12 x 80min a fortnight which works out to be 0.1hrs more...
12 x 80mins a fortnight
= 6 x 80mins per week
= 480mins per week
= 8hrs/wk

hmm...let's see..i have 2hrs/week...so i don't think it's 0.1 hrs more...it's like...6!!..:confused:

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I don't do 4U as I'm in Yr 11.
But this year we have one integrated classes so it's 8hrs/week of 2, 3 and 4U jumbled and they just blitz the easier courses to spend more time on things like harder 3U.
The other class isn't integrated, so they have 6hrs/week of integrated 2 and 3U and 2hrs/week of 4U.
All depends on lines.

Teoh

A cycle usually means 2 weeks...

I'm about the same as KeypadSDM

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
we do maths at my sKool
:D

we roxorz

for heaven's sake, who cares how many hours you do. if you want to do more, well, you have time at home. lol, do all the maths you want, no one is stopping you. ^_^

we do 9 hours though. But then, we have 123 people doing 4u maths, and we get like 53 band 6's.

I dunno if this is true for other schools, but I think selective schools actually have mostly mathematically talented students. hrm

Calculon

HSC
N/A
we do maths at my sKool
:D

we roxorz

for heaven's sake, who cares how many hours you do. if you want to do more, well, you have time at home. lol, do all the maths you want, no one is stopping you. ^_^

we do 9 hours though. But then, we have 123 people doing 4u maths, and we get like 53 band 6's.

I dunno if this is true for other schools, but I think selective schools actually have mostly mathematically talented students. hrm
Thats because you can get through the selective school exams with relatively limited English skills, hence the poor results in that subject at your school.

On another note we do about 8 1 hour periods a week and its one class for both 3 and 4u.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC

that's quite true, but what good is studying by yourself at home if you don't know wat you are doing? you frustrate yourself to the point where you end up throwing books at the wall ... you should see my walls! :D

zerzillia

term 4 last year.

but we haven't finished.
we'll be starting harder 3u.
we're going to skip mechanics and do it later, after the trials.
that's kind of bad.

zerzillia

we do 2 hours per week. sometimes more.

that sounds very little compared to everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)