when did everyone start their 4 unit course? (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
umm i think syd boys prolli does better in english than a lot of other skools ...

and u cant get thru selective test without doing well in the english section.... so yeah....

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hrm, if you are dedicated enough, you can teach yourself a fair bit of maths at home.

I can name someone on these forums who taught himself the whole 4u course in year 9...
so yeah, I don't see why people should be freaked out over how many hours of maths they or someone else do a week.
:-\

anyway, most 4u maths students (not me) get maths tuition.
*shrug*
that makes up for any less hours, methinks.

heck, Prior makes you do, what, an extra 6 hours a week? 2 2hour classes, and all that homework.
:-S

so go do maths at home! Hardly anyone does maths at school, its more just wasting time.

oh, and imo the reason we don't do as well as we should in english is that our english staffroom just sucks. :-\
Not liek you don't need to know how to write essays in other subjects, yeah? How do you think we manage to do well in most nearly every other subject? Miraculously acquire english skills, aye?

Isn't Fort Street like that too? Like, in my school, I never got taught how to write a formal essay. I'm serious. It's kinda like assumed. "Yeah, intro, body, conclusion, you know what to do . . . i want an essay by thursday" etc

Last edited:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Grey Council said:

so go do maths at home! Hardly anyone does maths at school, its more just wasting time.

oh, and imo the reason we don't do as well as we should in english is that our english staffroom just sucks. :-\
Not liek you don't need to know how to write essays in other subjects, yeah? How do you think we manage to do well in most nearly every other subject? Miraculously acquire english skills, aye?
its not just our staff thats crap. ive spoekn to people from other schools and the majority have problems with their english staffroom. its just a stupid syllabus and teachers cant teach it properly.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
who said Archman?
>.<
Don't assume things.

Archman still hasn't done it.

He is too lazy. :-\
He doesn't do ANY work, trust me.

and fair enough ezzy.

CrashOveride

HSC
Sorry for assuming =p
Which dude was it?
Thats some pretty heavy stuff ^_^

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Grey Council said:
hrm, if you are dedicated enough, you can teach yourself a fair bit of maths at home.

I can name someone on these forums who taught himself the whole 4u course in year 9...
so yeah, I don't see why people should be freaked out over how many hours of maths they or someone else do a week.

anyway, most 4u maths students (not me) get maths tuition.
*shrug*
that makes up for any less hours, methinks.

heck, Prior makes you do, what, an extra 6 hours a week? 2 2hour classes, and all that homework.

Isn't Fort Street like that too? Like, in my school, I never got taught how to write a formal essay. I'm serious. It's kinda like assumed. "Yeah, intro, body, conclusion, you know what to do . . . i want an essay by thursday" etc
im new to syd boys, and found that people in my class, dont want to learn their english. The teachers are bad, but the students create more trouble because of their lack of discipline. Thank god i changed english classes.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, you mean the english class you were in was bad.

hrm, 'part from ross, and jones ( a bit ), i can't say i've had any decent english teachers.

and don't worry about who it was. You should be able to guess anyway. ^_^

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
a problem with syd high was that people were obsessed with doing well in maths rather than english. they thought "english is crap, our teachers are crap, maths is more important. why bother with english". another reason why we were so bad at english.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol, also true.
:)

but it is wrong to say that "you can pass the selective schools exam without good english, and that is the reason that syd high does bad in english".

CrashOveride

HSC
If its not archman i cant think of who else, unless ur speaking of someone like CM or something =) Or maybe Turtle

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
:) forget about it!

matters little

doubt he'd appreciate me tellling everyone. :-\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)