When do they start marking? (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I know this isn't important but I'm just curious. That's all.

Do they start as soon as English Paper 1 finishes or when every exam is done?

...I'm also curious to know how the marking procedure goes?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most subjects will have their Senior Markers and Supervisor of Marking starting within a day or so of the exam.

About 2 or 3 days or so after that (Modern History started over a week after the exam) the markers will begin marking.

Some subjects are already finished by the looks of the showground and pavilions that I know are used for marking - they have stuff packed up and only clerical staff there. I have seen places looking like these areas in the past after exams have been finished.

Others have only just started e.g. Modern last Saturday. The School Certificate starts later this week as well.

Ancient would be close to being finished for instance as it was day marked - meaning that the teachers were in during the day from 9.00 - about 5.30 each day for a week or so and just polished off at night for a couple of nights. Most exams are marked from 4.00 - 9.00 p.m. each night after we have been teaching all day (and of course we mark on Saturdays).

rockets

HSC
N/A
Ext 1 english started this week at redfern and have been told the k.lear question for adv is being marked in coff's harbour this year. This is all from a good source - an ext 1 marker!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rockets said:
Ext 1 english started this week at redfern and have been told the k.lear question for adv is being marked in coff's harbour this year. This is all from a good source - an ext 1 marker!

Extension History is also being marked at Redfern according to a colleague of mine who is marking Extension English. They started on Saturday.

helper

HSC
N/A
One of the Englishes, Physics and Ancient History are finished

haque

HSC
i just want to ask a few q, in the chem marking guidelines i saw in some 4 dot points for 2 marks and 2 fr 1 mark, does that mean for each dot point covered u get half marks9cos i heard apparently the don't give u half marks)? Also if calculations are correct and the only mistake is not rounding off to the correct number of sig figs how many marks are we likely to lose?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I thought that English takes the longest. Again, they started marking the earliest.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
AoS, Standard Modules, Advanced Modules, ESL, Extension I, (They've definitely finished Extension II).

Extension 1 English isn't finished - I have colleages who are marking it and they only started last Saturday - same day that I did with Modern History - and they have told me they expect to be marking as long as me, if not a day or so longer and Modern isn't due to finish until next week.

All courses where stuff had to be sent to the board or they came to the school last term are already marked and in the computers.

English finishes at different times due to the break down of the way they set it up with different parts of different courses having different marking teams. The same thing happens with Modern History where the Core is day marked with a different set of markers and a different SOM then the rest of the Modern Markers. The result is that some sections finish earlier than others e.g. Core Modern History will probably finish Saturday (or maybe Monday night) while the rest of Modern will continue next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)