When Do We Receive Our Major Works Back? (1 Viewer)

annakristo

HSC
And can we apply to have them remarked? I got 49/50 for internal assessments but only 38/50 for my 'examination' mark, bringing me up to a lovely, generic 44 :cry: What in sam hell happened?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, what kind of assessments did you have at school? You had to talk about your major walk, propose a plan for your major work. They didn't really see how good your major work was - which is what the External marks measures.

So basically, you're good at planning and talking about your major work, but it's not that good.

annakristo

HSC
And submit a draft, which I got full marks for. I'm confident my teacher and mentor would have told me if they thought it was bad.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You can't get it remarked but can get a 'clerical recheck' which will ensure that the correct mark was what was recorded e.g. say one marker gave your work 24/25 and the other gave it 23/25 but the first mark was recorded as 14 - the computer picking up the handwritten 2 as a 1 then there is an error and a clerical recheck would fix that.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Exact same thing happened to my older sister, you are very lucky someone in your class got 49 externally.

You can get a marks recheck but it is not a remark, my sister fought to get remarked but it did not happen. If you did poetry, like no joke this situation is exactly her.

EE2 people can do really well in the assessments 95-100% for all and get smashed in the 30s externally. More common in lower schools were not many people do EE2.

annakristo

HSC
Exact same thing happened to my older sister, you are very lucky someone in your class got 49 externally.

You can get a marks recheck but it is not a remark, my sister fought to get remarked but it did not happen. If you did poetry, like no joke this situation is exactly her.

EE2 people can do really well in the assessments 95-100% for all and get smashed in the 30s externally. More common in lower schools were not many people do EE2.

49 was my actual mark though haha, like it was my average - I got 100% for all tasks except the research task which I got 98% for. Maybe I came first :O

I DID DO POETRY. I did a hybrid text which I justified in my reflection statement. I had ten people in my class and we were pretty high achievers

annakristo

HSC
You can't get it remarked but can get a 'clerical recheck' which will ensure that the correct mark was what was recorded e.g. say one marker gave your work 24/25 and the other gave it 23/25 but the first mark was recorded as 14 - the computer picking up the handwritten 2 as a 1 then there is an error and a clerical recheck would fix that.
Thank you for that! I have now applied, so hopefully it's just a clerical error...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)