WHEN DOES ARTxPRESS GET ANNOUNCED? (1 Viewer)

JoeyR

all i know is that if you had yours sent away and you make it to art express, they dont send it back.

i THINK it is around when the results come out

spam police

yeah we found out who got shortlisted just a bit before exams finished but you do'nt know whether you actually got in till around schoolies time

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i'm not sre on the exact dates, i'll see if i can find out when my stuff got shortlisted/accepted (for last year's expo) tomorrow. (i.e. today, but after i get some sleep :D)... from memory though, there's a few weeks wait between shortlisting and selection, at least...

Farnarcle

Well, the guy from our school who got in last year only got his painting sent back last month or something. They are hanging up in the hallway of our school now.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
*gets out filing box*

the letter that says i got shortlisted is dated november 4.
my letter of acceptance is dated december 6.

they're last years dates, they'll probably change though (by perhaps a week max, or maybe two, i reckon), so don't go circling them in your diary or anything.

spam police

Originally posted by jaNetix
saladsurgery...wat was ur work that got in??
its the one which is like a parody of aircraft safety thingo's (haha sorry salad boy what 'im saying is doing your artwork absolutely no justice....)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
you probably didn't see it

it was in the newcastle regional art gallery, the catalogue photo only had a few bits in it... i might've supposed to have gone on the regional tour, but i'm not sure. anyway i'm glad it didnt, otherwise the foamcore that some of the stuff was printed on would have got absolutely f*cked up. and besides, pensioners were stealing my safety cards... :p

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeah, there's a shortlist (i think it was about 800 people last year), then they contact you again to say if you did/didn't get in.

the final numbers over the past few years have been up and down, btween about 120 and 200-ish, i think.

Kiya

LOL there is no way my work will make art express, after coming last in my trial mark!! I was so upset about that too!!

guy

HSC
we havn't recieved the letter yet, but when the kids in your class get all their art back one has a note on is saying DEAR PRINCIPAL "the following artworks have been detained for art express ladidadida"

then have student numbers underneath
me and this other kid got put aside for art express, and my teacher said we will get a letter soon, then in a few weeks a letter about if you made it or not
also you have to write something, and send them your diary and stuff

tash

lalalala
HSC
Originally posted by guy
we havn't recieved the letter yet, but when the kids in your class get all their art back one has a note on is saying DEAR PRINCIPAL "the following artworks have been detained for art express ladidadida"

then have student numbers underneath
me and this other kid got put aside for art express, and my teacher said we will get a letter soon, then in a few weeks a letter about if you made it or not
also you have to write something, and send them your diary and stuff

how'd you find out then?

guy

HSC
i went to school to get a reference of my art teacher, and he goes is this your student number? and shook my hand

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)