WHEN DOES ARTxPRESS GET ANNOUNCED? (1 Viewer)

guy

HSC
i'll try and get it off my dads camera when hes awake

but i duno, hes been in a coma for 54 years
actually, he went to sleep a few hours ago, and i can't work the blasted contraption (get from camera (not digital, moving) to jpeg)
and if the qualities shit i won't post it anyway

amz

i think we get our artworks early december, cause our works were marked at school nd we can't pick them up till 3rd of december. rrrrrrri can't pick mine up cause im leaving the country and they don't fit in my car! :mad:

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
In consideration here :) at least thats a bit of good news for the HSC.. now the wait till december for the final cut... and the uai.. more tension!!

Bezzer

I found out today that mine has been selected. Pretty happy about it, though its up to the art gallery/libary to decide if it gets in or not now. I think to get to this point, works have to get a mark over 43/50, so I think I passed!

Good luck in getting selected. :)

jaNetix

went to skool 2day and found my works there...so no shortlist for me....i was a lil sad , well really, ALOT sad....
none of the 7 ppl in my class got picked, out teacher tought we'd get 1 or 2...

ohh well, life can be a poo
so i went and shopped some of my blues away!...new jeans..woohoo..

some ppl dont kno good art if it bit them in the left ass cheek!
(jus havin my lil bitch... i realli dun have a big head)

Kiya

4 out of 13 ppl in my class got short listed which i wasnt surprised at all, I was a little upset but hey wouldnt anyone. I knew my works were crap wish i did something else.

guy

HSC
Originally posted by Bezzer
I found out today that mine has been selected. Pretty happy about it, though its up to the art gallery/libary to decide if it gets in or not now. I think to get to this point, works have to get a mark over 43/50, so I think I passed!

Good luck in getting selected. :)
i heard it was 46
i got my letter today
got to think of something to say that sounds like i'm intelligable

riss

me and my friend got shortlisted today,
such a shock because our art department were really unsupportive so this was a great IN YOUR FACE ART DEPARTMENT acheivement i was so shocked i didnt think i'd get selected! whats everyone BOWs like? mines charcoal drawing

NeverSummer

I got a letter too. Mine was an IN URE FACE ART GUY one too cos he gave me a shit mark for my work, on par with these pathetic other pieces.
i think we had about 4-5 guys from our school get shortlisted.

umm my BOW was this massive abstract landscape about music and challenging traditional australian landscapes...blah

bunnyears

hey!

i got mine today too, totally shocked cos i changed it 3 weeks before it when in for marking.
its pretty much all white, commenting on teh exploitation of children in the asian sex trades and our ignorance of it.
i used cool mediums and they're really big.
lol greeeeeeeeeat description :p

but yeah, my art teahcer can go jump:
i now have the ultimate revenge

Leap

free falling
HSC
Hey congratulations everyone who got shortlisted!
Did you all get a letter about it?

perfect crime

I got my letter today! I'm quite shocked, I didn't know how it would go, but yay! But the page where you have to write the statement, one place it says 100 words, the other says 50.... It's very confusing
Oh well! I need a thesarus to make myself sound intelligent and put big words in like discourse!

allyteaded

I got one too! ^_^ yay!

Ugh! I thought I'd never have to write a statement ever again for those artworks... Oh weelies...

I'm very elated *floats in the air*

Maybe they meant.... more than fifty words, less than a hundred?

LoL... I just spotted that. Hehe

BTW... how many people state wide are doing visual arts??

Last edited:

guy

HSC
around 800 get put aside and from that about 200
i'm no maths-guy but that gives us all 25% change of getting in!
super

Bezzer

My mums friend's an art teacher and she says its 43, so I don't know.

For me this is a bit of an "IN YOUR FACE" thing for the teachers that marked my work, since I only got 38/50 as my school mark.

I'm going to have a hard time writing about my work... :( I think i might write something about the "convergence of man and machine", and then throw up.

Last edited:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hey

congrats everyone who got shortlisted :D i'm not sure how big the selection pool is, for my year i think it was around abut 200, but don't quote me on that. from memory, our statements were supposed to be 50 words, but some people went pretty far over. i think mine was about 60-ish. if you look in old artexpress catalogues, the little blurb they put near photos of work is a copy of what you send in on that form.

soso

HSC
N/A
I believe there are over 1000 in the selection pool usually. Getting in to the selection pool is great.

I have a good school and a good teacher. The top 6 students in the ranking scheme got in to the selection pool.

My teacher advises writing about your work in the terms of the syllabus, you know frames, Agencies of the art world, practices and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)