When does the POPE revisionist period start? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomekz

HSC
Korn said:
No, as a phobia is a fear, and hating someone isnt necessarily cause u fear them
yeah that was along the same lines that i was thinking. But Hate is a very strong word.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tomekz said:
yeah that was along the same lines that i was thinking. But Hate is a very strong word.
Yeah i know, its just that some ppl need things laid out in front of them to understand

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
tomekz said:
All the pope did and said was backed up/interpreted from the bible. And those wankers who say otherwise, go ahead read the bible from begining to end, i gaurantee harldy none of you have. Hardly none of you have no clue on the things Pope John Paul the great did during his life including his pontificate (yes He was alive before 1978). BTW in this society you say you say one thing against Homosexuals and everyone starts saying your afraid of them (homophobic).. PFF, use ur fuking english skills why dont ya??? say for example i say that i hate you, does that mean i have a phobia towards you???
*emphasis added*

I hardly think the Big Bang theory can be backed up by the order of events in the bible.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Xayma said:
*emphasis added*

I hardly think the Big Bang theory can be backed up by the order of events in the bible.
Well it can and it cant, i think Catholicism and God come into it as the ignition of the Big Bang.
But personally i believe on the Multiverse, and that God kick started that

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
If you were to take the creation as metaphoric for the big bang it is possible. But it forms itself according to rules set down. If that was only Gods influence and God hasn't done anything since I see no way for science to argue with that. However, it brings about why believe in it if there is no real proof.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
What bad things has the Pope done (things that cant be thought of as good, in anyway)
and the same about Diana
aids, weapons, homosexuality, interfering with the fall of comunism.
read the first posts

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Iron woman said:
The vatican no doubt understand that there may've been cock-ups, but due to the nature of their organisation, that's irrelevant and inappropriate now.
exactly my point. its only irrelevant and innapropriate because he is recently deceased...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
aids, weapons, homosexuality, interfering with the fall of comunism.
read the first posts
Some ppl would say that Communism was a bad thing and his interferance was good, and according to the Bible (as Waf has already said) Homosexuality is a moral sin and is evil, also what evidence do u have of the weapons thing, and finally there are ppl that would say that the ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
The extra creating of people is partially due to the Popes influence. As well as the spread of aids. Both happen when you dont use condoms.

Also those who are too young don't really have a choice, considering one of the myths is a cure for aids is to sleep with a virgin, so girls are being raped, not really their choice.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Yes i know, that belief is terrible, but the Pope, if im not mistaken was promoting abstinence, that would stop AIDS or at least slow it down, as it wouldnt be able to be transmitted

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
Some ppl would say that Communism was a bad thing and his interferance was good, and according to the Bible (as Waf has already said) Homosexuality is a moral sin and is evil, also what evidence do u have of the weapons thing, and finally there are ppl that would say that the ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed
some people would also say that the pope is a religious leader and should not have anything to do with a governments policy towards social structure...
and to say that the "bible says it" so therefore the pope is justified? dude thats preety fucked, as someone said, the bible is open to interpretation, the pope does not follow any strict or dominant reading of the bible. he can draw whatever he likes from it. his policies towards homosexuals were his and the vaticans own

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Latest News

Engineered Virus Destroys Advanced Brain Tumors

Mediterranean Diet Linked with Longevity

Genetic Engineering Creates Remote-control Flies

More | Syndicate

Did Pope John Paul II have a positive or negative influence on the Church's relationship with science?

Poll open from Monday, April 04, 2005 to Monday, April 11, 2005

Positive

11%

Negative

48%

Neutral

18%

What relationship?

23%

Your vote: Negative
Total votes: 160

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
some people would also say that the pope is a religious leader and should not have anything to do with a governments policy towards social structure...
and to say that the "bible says it" so therefore the pope is justified? dude thats preety fucked, as someone said, the bible is open to interpretation, the pope does not follow any strict or dominant reading of the bible. he can draw whatever he likes from it. his policies towards homosexuals were his and the vaticans own
The Pope is the head of state for the Vatican, so therefore he has a legitamate right to govt policy within his country

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Korn said:
The Pope is the head of state for the Vatican, so therefore he has a legitamate right to govt policy within his country
yeh i know this, but what is it morally reprehensible to influence the views of catholics and christians around the world against homosexuals.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
townie said:
"Concerning the Pope's claim that homosexuality is 'unnatural'. Perhaps the Pope is suggesting that it lies beyond the scope of 'normal' human behavior. If so, this has uncomfortable implications for an association of old men who wear dresses, hear voices and practice ritual cannibalism. Self-enforced celibacy is all but unknown among other animal species. If any sexual behavior is out of tune with the natural world, it is surely that of the priesthood."
i found this in another thread... goes quite well here

tomekz

HSC
TurboTom said:
yeh i know this, but what is it morally reprehensible to influence the views of catholics and christians around the world against homosexuals.
Because it was fuking justified in the damn Bible! You blind or sumthing buddy?? i know of one interpretation... the creation of man AND woman, not two men and one woman and visa versa, god created them (man and woman) to be TOGETHER. This is only ONE place where it is justified in the bible there ARE MORE!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
tomekz said:
Obviously he has nfi.... much like yourself.
oh for fuck sake, grow some fucking balls and look at the situation objectively.
the bible is outdated and should have no consequences towards homosexuals. its just an archaic collection of writings if you want to take that point of view.
go write a book about how fan fucking tastic the pope was, jump on the hagiographers bandwagon you ignorant fuck

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
oh for fuck sake, grow some fucking balls and look at the situation objectively.
the bible is outdated and should have no consequences towards homosexuals. its just an archaic collection of writings if you want to take that point of view.
go write a book about how fan fucking tastic the pope was, jump on the hagiographers bandwagon you ignorant fuck
U seem to not understand the meaning of ignorant, so plz explain what ur definition of ignorant is?

tomekz

HSC
TurboTom said:
Now now tommy, i dont want to make you cry.... If you stray to far away from the bible (and im not so conservative) this is just an example, it wouldnt be catholicsm then would it.... Next your going to want to change the writing in the bible to suit your needs ROFL. I accept your ignorance.. and im not on the bandwagon this is my own personal view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)