When does the POPE revisionist period start? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I agree that it's important to try and fix things in Australia, but seriously- poverty in Africa is at an entirely different level, both in severity and scale. Don't turn your back on the third-world just because our country isn't perfect. It's not like poverty in Australia is so hard to deal with that we can't ALSO donate some of our expendable income on stopping the preventable deaths of millions, in countries not as fortunate as our own. There are very few people in Australia that are as poor as millions of Africans.

If you aren't wealthy and can't afford to donate, then I apologize, because my attacks are aimed at those who can afford to.

- This is tottally of topic.
Well im a uni student so ppl should be donating to me
Yeah but on a more serious note nah i cant afford to donate

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Papal contender condemns divorce, gay marriage
SMH, April 14, 2005 - 2:33PM

A frontrunner for the papacy has published a new book that calls on Europe to save its civilisation by returning to its Christian roots.

It also questions multiculturalism as well as the secularism of the European Union and condemns divorce, gay marriage and the possibility of human cloning.

Its author, German Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, is the conservative dean of the College of Cardinals that will choose the next pope at a conclave that starts on Monday.
Great. A backwards, senile, conservative old codger.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
On the next-pope-topic, I've heard a lot of people show optimism about a non-european pope, like an African or Latin American. One might think "thrid world pope, they'll get things moving". The thing is most african and Latin American cardinals are even more socially conservative than John Paul II. I share the same outlook as Moonlight Sonata, that we really don't have much to look forward to.

After thinking about it a little- maybe Pope John Paul II was good for his time but now the church needs a new, radical reformer pope who can kickstart Catholisicm into the 21st century... I don't know if I really believe that, but it sounds like a good compromise.

Anyway, I'd better start posting in the other more active pope thread!

reemz

HSC
well not every 1 in australia is a christian we live in a multicultural society so we should accept each others view and we aao live in a 'free' world wer ppl can donate if they want no 1 Is obliged to donate there money if they don’t want to its there choice but u have to admit that they have over done it with the pope why is it that they appreciate a person wen they r dead I personally found it shockin that they didn’t bury him straight away but thats my view

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
oh well. im considering deleting it... what does everyone think?
Why, whats the need, if u have been told to do it, then you should otherwise i dont really see the problem

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
TurboTom said:
oh well. im considering deleting it... what does everyone think?
What!? After I wrote those big posts?! And made that hilarious Revivalist christian joke!? (just to clarify, did anyone get it- pm if you got the joke). Can't we just leave it or lock it or something? It was sort of an interesting read. It was interesting from the point of view of seeing how defencive people got about their religions... maybe it shoud be moved to the phycology forum*.

*There is, of course, no phycology forum.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
reemz said:
well not every 1 in australia is a christian we live in a multicultural society so we should accept each others view and we aao live in a 'free' world wer ppl can donate if they want no 1 Is obliged to donate there money if they don’t want to its there choice but u have to admit that they have over done it with the pope why is it that they appreciate a person wen they r dead I personally found it shockin that they didn’t bury him straight away but thats my view
Why shouldn't we have to donate money... actually then it would just be a tax. Hey maybe we should just change the name of this thread, considering how I keep draging it off topic. Ha ha, just kidding, anyone PM if they want to further discuss poverty or start a thread on it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
fleepbasding said:
What!? After I wrote those big posts?! And made that hilarious Revivalist christian joke!? (just to clarify, did anyone get it- pm if you got the joke). Can't we just leave it or lock it or something? It was sort of an interesting read. It was interesting from the point of view of seeing how defencive people got about their religions... maybe it shoud be moved to the phycology forum*.

*There is, of course, no phycology forum.
yeh but everytime the banter gets intelligent some halfwit comes on and it becomes a flame war...
im not prepared to be associated with another one... its just frustrating

reemz

HSC
fleepbasding said:
Why shouldn't we have to donate money... actually then it would just be a tax. Hey maybe we should just change the name of this thread, considering how I keep draging it off topic. Ha ha, just kidding, anyone PM if they want to further discuss poverty or start a thread on it.

im not sayin we shouldnt i believe yeh it should be part of a tax $1 off every person each year and give it 2 a different country each year wen i become PM thats wat im gona do lol

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
if you have no rep power STOP REPPING ME!!!
grey reps do nothing. NOTHING!

nah thanks for the feedback kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)