When to give teachers presents? (1 Viewer)

crimsonking

HSC
With the end of era coming soon, I'm just wondering when I should give presents to my teachers: before the HSC or after the HSC?

HSC
in my classes we are getting them their presents this week...hopefully if they all pay,

if your planning on coming to school then do it after the hsc...

karoooh

HSC
I'm doing it after the HSC. No time atm.

And I'm not sure if they're going to be joint class presents or individual ones either, yet. :S

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
I'm giving them on grad night next week.
Any suggestions? I'm open for anything $20-30 which will be memorable and not something you can eat like chocolate!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
I'm giving them on grad night next week.
Any suggestions? I'm open for anything $20-30 which will be memorable and not something you can eat like chocolate!
popular thing is foto of the whole grade in a ni ce frame

but, other than that i dunno. haha
every1's chippin in like $4 (me n friend chipped in $5 each) for a pressie for my year advisor. probably gonna be givin it to her @ the graduation. more memorable like that.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I would suggest either giving presents after\during the presentation\graduation ceremony or after the HSC on sign out day when you can personally thank them for all they have done.

Something memorable and practically although simple and cheap could be an engraved pen, diary or something that teachers use. Something simple and yet something that you will be remembered by each time they use it. One of my ex-teachers had a student that embroided his name on a towel.

EDIT: Although many teachers will say the best give we (as students) can give them is that of learning and doing well in our HSC. The best gift of all, learning\knowledge.

crimsonking

HSC
Legal teacher/mentor: bottle of perfume
Rest of my teahcers: boxes of chocolates

Also, I'll be writing a long message in cards.

Is handing the presents in on the last week a good idea?

There are a few options when I can hand in the pressies:
  1. Last week of school - a bit of chat isn't bad
  2. Graduation night - don't think so, too much is going on and it is a lot to carry
  3. Graduation at school - not a bad idea
Your opinions folks?

BTW, our yr gave the school an overhead projector for the school hall (I think we can call outserlves a technology school now) and something for our year advisor (suprise though).

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
I would suggest either giving presents after\during the presentation\graduation ceremony or after the HSC on sign out day when you can personally thank them for all they have done.

Something memorable and practically although simple and cheap could be an engraved pen, diary or something that teachers use. Something simple and yet something that you will be remembered by each time they use it. One of my ex-teachers had a student that embroided his name on a towel.

EDIT: Although many teachers will say the best give we (as students) can give them is that of learning and doing well in our HSC. The best gift of all, learning\knowledge.
Great Idea. But where can you get a engraved pen?

Last edited:

asdf5432

HSC
Kid.@dmin said:

A... towel! hahaha. That's pretty interesting. I think it's pretty sweet you guys are getting your teachers presents... Isn't a card good enough? And if you're scared they'll throw it out, then they're not really worth the card? Hmm just a thought :)

vg_woz_here

HSC
shinji said:
popular thing is foto of the whole grade in a ni ce frame

but, other than that i dunno. haha
every1's chippin in like $4 (me n friend chipped in $5 each) for a pressie for my year advisor. probably gonna be givin it to her @ the graduation. more memorable like that.

lol just take a pic of the class and frame it

sandz_2

HSC
our skool decided to give the teachers one BIG present instead - a coffee machine and to other important teachers a lil gift which is kool:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)