When to reply...? (1 Viewer)

Lady_Melian

stary nights
HSC
Ok, couldn't actually be bothered looking if this has already been done, but my sis is in a pickle right now. She just spent a good night with a guy and got his number, and she wants to know when she should msg him. Is today ok or does it make her seem too keen? Or should she wait a few days or will that give him a bad idea? Whats everyones opinions? Thanks :)

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
If he really likes her then call him in a few days.

If shes not really sure if he really likes her then call pretty much asap.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well the standard is three days- whatever that means

i dont get the waiting to contact someone, you are going to do it whether it be one or four days later.

JGreenwood

Jeremy
HSC
duh, its not like anyone actually thinks, oh man shes calling me day after thats so desperate.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
isnt there like a 3 day rule
reply when you feel like its been long enough
for some people thats a day
for some its a week

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
turn the tables and wait for him to reply.
that will tell you if he truly likes you as well.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
considering it's only a message..i don't think it matters when..if she wants to today then i reckon she should..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
2-3 days I guess. The guy must be pretty soft if she's calling him.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i thought it was the guy who was meant to call instead of the girl calling the guy. he should be calling your sis. though this sounds like one of them teenage girly flick movies, where there's hardcore nudity/sex or both.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I think she should just reply whenever she feels ready..if she really likes him and had a good time, then she'll probably contact him a little sooner.. but im not sure.. ive never been in this situation

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
2,3 or 4days later, if you take any longer they might loose interest or think your not interested in them.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
well the standard is three days- whatever that means

i dont get the waiting to contact someone, you are going to do it whether it be one or four days later.
Cosmo thinks the standard to CALL is three days... but a well worded flirty yet not lovey text message (add a wink apparently) can apparently be sent the day after.

But I agree... if it wasn't damn etiquette i'm sure both guys and girls would do it the next day... i guess both sexes feel like they'll look desperate.

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
Nope.

People, you've got it all wrong.

What you HAVE to do... is send a text message 5 minutes afterwards going "Sorry, [name of male in question], but you pulled up short. Better luck next time."

Then he'll be BURNING to make it up, and the lady will have ultimate power in any subsequent relationship. :uhhuh:

rantman

HSC
N/A
How old are the this girl and guy in question anyway? If they are like 13-16 or younger I don't think the guy would be aware of the psycology behind the strategically-timed reply anyway. There's no need to be too critical. It should be fun. Just call when you're bored... I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)