When to start past papers? (1 Viewer)

calamebe

HSC
Would the best time to start be right after I've completed a topic, then I can start the past papers on that certain topic? My friend has already started, but I think it's a bit early. What do you guys think?

atargainz

HSC
yep ASAP, as an accelerated student you should be smashing out double if not triple the amount of past papers that actual year 12's are doing. Accelerated subjects are a priceless opportunity so don't let a single moment go to waste!!! much ragrats from me lel

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Especially for maths, there are ALOT of resources for you to practice on since the answers are largely objective. Where as humanities..

calamebe

HSC
Especially for maths, there are ALOT of resources for you to practice on since the answers are largely objective. Where as humanities..
Yeah, I can see humanities being much harder to practice. Well, thanks for the advice.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I have been putting Nov-Dec (and Jan-Feb) assessments up for maths...

there is another thread for science subjects.

Last edited:

calamebe

HSC
I have been putting Nov-Dec (and Jan-Feb) assessments up for maths...
WOW!!! I never noticed those links down the bottom for the assessments other than Trials and HSC papers! Thanks so much, sometimes I am an idiot haha.

vitamin D

HSC
after you a finish module/ topic, start practicing hsc questions for that module for all subs. And when you're done a whole course or accelerated on your own i reckon revise everything and go ham with pp's

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
WOW!!! I never noticed those links down the bottom for the assessments other than Trials and HSC papers! Thanks so much, sometimes I am an idiot haha.
I only put them there recently, because I haven't yet created the pages to list them all in one spot like for the other ones.
Once the HTML is done, those links will be no longer needed.

There is also the access-point link if I've shared the maths folder with you.

calamebe

HSC
I only put them there recently, because I haven't yet created the pages to list them all in one spot like for the other ones.
Once the HTML is done, those links will be no longer needed.

There is also the access-point link if I've shared the maths folder with you.
I just go on the THSC online site, is the maths folder in there the one you are talking about?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I just go on the THSC online site, is the maths folder in there the one you are talking about?
It is a separate one, but I linked it with "Access Point" for those I did share it with earlier this year. So yes, it is a separate folder. Try clicking on it.
(It will pop up with access denied or something like that)

calamebe

HSC
It is a separate one, but I linked it with "Access Point" for those I did share it with earlier this year. So yes, it is a separate folder. Try clicking on it.
(It will pop up with access denied or something like that)
Yeah error 404. Anyway I could gain access to it or is it only for certain people?

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
It is the private folder and all the extra resources I use for trading etc.

calamebe

HSC
It is the private folder and all the extra resources I use for trading etc.
Ah ok, I might as well say thanks for all the other stuff while I'm at it, wouldn't know what to do without it haha.

D94

HSC
N/A
As you go. Don't think of them as past papers. Think of them as relevant, appropriate standard questions that you need to know how to do. You don't have to complete a paper in one go.

Simplice

rainbow burrito
HSC
Download topic-by-topic HSC questions. Do the more recent ones first, then the older ones (80s-90s) - this is usually in increasing difficulty. Closer to your assessment, hand pick questions from the topics you will be tested on and make a mock exam, do it under timed conditions. And if you are having trouble with the foundations, don't neglect the syllabus! It actually has decent explanations in there and you get to see what exactly you need to know. The kid who topped maths in my school made notes for each topic, not sure if that will help you but it's a good way to consolidate knowledge.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
As you go. Don't think of them as past papers. Think of them as relevant, appropriate standard questions that you need to know how to do. You don't have to complete a paper in one go.
Yup. I have one or two papers, I find the question that is relevant to my week's content and do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)