Where are all the real men? :cold: (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Watching this video yesterday almost made me puke:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAGBZ-DTT8

Has anybody else been bothered by the gradual decline in masculine identity and values in recent times? I'm talking about things like adventure, ambition, resilience, ruggedness and leadership. But everywhere you look you see emasculated men, men fartsing around with handbags and makeup, men who don't really know what they're aiming for in life and are afraid to speak their mind for fear of political correctness. It really bothers me as I'm not the crowning epitome of masculinity I'd hope to be myself, and I think it's time for men to "man-up" and claim their identities, individually and collectively. Don't get me wrong I'm not at all misogynistic, I think feminism has been great in some respects by drawing attention to gender imbalances and teaching men that women are to be respected, but I think the answer isn't to shirk away from masculine values, but to redefine the way we think about what it really means to be a man.

Note: I don't really 0expect we'll be heading down the path of Korea anytime soon, at least for our sakes I really hope not.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I think that the commitment to equality has gone too far. Sure, it's a nice thing, but we should be brave enough to say that it doesnt trump every value

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAGBZ-DTT8

Has anybody else been bothered by the gradual decline in masculine identity and values in recent times? I'm talking about things like adventure, ambition, resilience, ruggedness and leadership. But everywhere you look you see emasculated men, men fartsing around with handbags and makeup, men who don't really know what they're aiming for in life and are afraid to speak their mind for fear of political correctness. It really bothers me as I'm not the crowning epitome of masculinity I'd hope to be myself, and I think it's time for men to "man-up" and claim their identities, individually and collectively. Don't get me wrong I'm not at all misogynistic, I think feminism has been great in some respects by drawing attention to gender imbalances and teaching men that women are to be respected, but I think the answer isn't to shirk away from masculine values, but to redefine the way we think about what it really means to be a man.

Note: I don't really 0expect we'll be heading down the path of Korea anytime soon, at least for our sakes I really hope not.
You are a Christian your opinion to anyone who is not a God botherer is worthless.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
i'm sure i can find plenty of "secular" people who agree with my opinion
i mean, doesn't it bother you even a little?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
inasero said:
i'm sure i can find plenty of "secular" people who agree with my opinion
i mean, doesn't it bother you even a little?
I don't care how people lives their lives that are not me.

aussie-boy

HSC
i agree to an extent

people would never describe me as a really masculine guy... and i hate the image of guys wearing footy shorts drinking VB and discussing cars and sport; in fact i couldn't think of a situation i'd rather avoid more... so i dont think "ruggedness" is a quality we really need

however i do agree on the handbags/makeup/tight jeans/hair products/taking 1 hour to get ready side of things... (cough cough french and italian dudes) - it has been taken a bit too far

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I was at the mall with mommy earlier to buy some fruit & veg and she said unto me, "boys look like girls these days." To which I replied "Gee thanks mom."

TRUE STORY!

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
wtf

inasero said:
But everywhere you look you see emasculated men, men fartsing
around with handbags and makeup, men who don't really know what they're aiming for in life and are afraid to speak their mind for fear of political correctness.
none of those things apply to me

but i'm not a vb drinking flanno wearing yobbo
and i'm not interested in cars or that sort of thing
but i know people who are
and they respect the equality of women

so...

yay for false dichotomies!

HalcyonSky

HSC
1) These pics are for photoshoots / tv / publicity appearences, if u actually bothered to look up any of these people you'd see that most of their pics are normal.

2) It's a completely different culture to ours, get over it.

Last edited:

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
wtf

none of those things apply to me

but i'm not a vb drinking flanno wearing yobbo
and i'm not interested in cars or that sort of thing
but i know people who are
and they respect the equality of women

so...

yay for false dichotomies!
What?

I think real masculinity lies more in strength of personal character moreso than outward appearance.

Secondly, you're arguing a straw man, since I never implied the types you described would disrespect women.

As for dichotomies, no body with half a sense would take what I said literally. Hyperbole my friend- a literary device taught in Year 10 English. Do you know it?

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
lmao at the first fairy wearing the rainbow tank top
hahahha

inasero

Reborn
HSC
HalcyonSky said:
1) These pics are for photoshoots / tv / publicity appearences, if u actually bothered to look up any of these people you'd see that most of their pics are normal.

2) It's a completely different culture to ours, get over it.

You seem to enjoy flaunting your ignorance?
Granted, yes it is a difficult culture. It probably wasn't the best video to illustrate what I was trying to convey and I don't want people to get caught up over the whole appearance issue- but it still doesn't detract from the main argument.

X

xeuyrawp

inasero said:
You probably fapped over it didn't you, you repressed little homophobic pillowbiter. :)

HalcyonSky said:
You seem to enjoy flaunting your ignorance?
Qft.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Pwar's a real man.
Come back to the mod fold my older, wiser brother!

HalcyonSky

HSC
inasero said:
Granted, yes it is a difficult culture. It probably wasn't the best video to illustrate what I was trying to convey and I don't want people to get caught up over the whole appearance issue- but it still doesn't detract from the main argument.
yeah i get what you're saying, but i dont really think its that prominent. There definately are people out there who are an abomination to masculinity like Chris Crocker, but there's been people like that all throughout history. I still think the majority of men retain those primal values you mentioned, although i will agree theres a growing trend of femininity being displayed in males, id argue its more of a phase they will grow out of rather than becoming an intrinsic part of their being

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)