Where are you all? (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I did "GENS 6011 - A Consumers Guide to DNA" this session and it is quite good.

Time Invested: 2 h/w
Assesments: 5, 5 question multiple choice papers, open book + 1 end of session multiple choice paper, open book

The lecturers were fun, the topics are presented well, and there is a fun lab in the middle. All-in-all, it was very enjoyable.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Ahhh, geneds...

I wanna find out if i can get FoC to accept my "Unspecified 6OUC" that was awarded when i transferred from Macq to be counted as a gened. (It was a computing subject that i did at macq)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
I believe out of all uni threads, UNSW seems to be one of the most dead ones! Come on people... we can do better than that... Macquarie are meeting up for orgies for crying out loud!
Macquarie is the home of stalkers, what do you expect :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
That's the one! I really wanna do... do you have stuff left over from it... notes etc?
noooo.. give me instead! :p

edit: wait.. think I'll do that next year...

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hi guys

i'm so screwed for ed psych on wednesday *cries*
but knowing me i won't start studying/cramming til at least monday... :D/:mad:

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
bubz :D said:
hi guys

i'm so screwed for ed psych on wednesday *cries*
but knowing me i won't start studying/cramming til at least monday... :D/:mad:
Haha good luck... I'm totally procrastinating studying for Bus Fin on Mon... hate that feeling when you know you could've been doing so much more!

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
Haha good luck... I'm totally procrastinating studying for Bus Fin on Mon... hate that feeling when you know you could've been doing so much more!
i get that feeling when im sitting with the exam paper in front of me, kicking myself for not studying and staying up the night before playing addictive javagames

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
tonberry_kun said:
i get that feeling when im sitting with the exam paper in front of me, kicking myself for not studying and staying up the night before playing addictive javagames
I was playing Reversi the night before CMI.... gah. Oh well, somtimes it's kinda helpful (if you've done all that you could)

ohne

HSC
I'm trying to decide what GenEds to do next term. Has anyone here done "Critical Thinking and Practical Reasoning - GENT0604", "The Use of Language, Images and Symbols - GENT0606" or "An Introduction to the Australian Legal System - GENL2020"?

I am enrolled in introduction to the Australian legal system and one of the philosophy ones. The law one is full at the moment http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~nss/sitar/classes/GENL_S2.html so if I drop it someone here might get a chance to enrol in it. I'm looking at a few other courses.

How do you do languages? The only courses I noticed on the list were Chinese Language for Beginners A - GENT0436 and Chinese Language for Beginners B - GENT0437. No European languages. I would very much like to do Latin.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
Psyc is really BORING! Don't do it!
The methodology/stat lectures are HORRIBLE! Don't listen to Sarah! :D
hahaha, survivor i didn't actually say i went to those lectures, just mentioned the hrs involved.

Gosh, last yr i remember my mondays had 4hrs worth of stats. I ended up skipping the psych method/stats lects becuase i wanted a break between classes.

PinkKiller

HSC
N/A
hey speaking about geneds...whats the last date i can enrol in the winter ones? cos i'm still not sure if i should do it in the holidays and have less workload for sem 2

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
PinkKiller said:
hey speaking about geneds...whats the last date i can enrol in the winter ones? cos i'm still not sure if i should do it in the holidays and have less workload for sem 2
Before the course commence.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
ohne said:
How do you do languages? The only courses I noticed on the list were Chinese Language for Beginners A - GENT0436 and Chinese Language for Beginners B - GENT0437. No European languages. I would very much like to do Latin.
You can, you have to enrol LATNXXXX and then ask the school to transfer the 6 uoc to your Gen ed. Or other languages are also possible. I think there are modern greek, korean, japanese, german, french. So you must enrol in a 6 uoc mainstream language course.

ohne

HSC
Survivor39 said:
You can, you have to enrol LATNXXXX and then ask the school to transfer the 6 uoc to your Gen ed. Or other languages are also possible. I think there are modern greek, korean, japanese, german, french. So you must enrol in a 6 uoc mainstream language course.
Thanks, which school, the Latin/lanuages one or the one where I do my main degree?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
School of Modern language Studies (Latin, Mordern Greek, Italian)
School of German and Russian Studies (Ger/Rus)
School of Spanish and Latin American (Spanish)
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences

OMG so many different languages. lol

make sure you get permission from that school, AND your own faculty before doing it. You don't want to pay for it and not count.

neeja

Marco Polo meows you!
HSC
i did italian as an elective this session. was awesome, cept for the 5 contact hours + practice time + 4 assessments in the last week of term. but theres no exam for it cause its run from usyd and stuff. i cant believe how easy the culture test was tho. its almost insulting to my intelligence.

and hurray for geneds!

concepts in physical fitness and music technology here i come!

ohne

HSC
Doesn't look like I can do latin next term because they only offer the second subject of most languages in term 2. I'll probably just do philosophy...maybe two subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)