Where are you all? (1 Viewer)

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
I believe out of all uni threads, UNSW seems to be one of the most dead ones! Come on people... we can do better than that... Macquarie are meeting up for orgies for crying out loud!

Anyway, more importantly... what GenEds have you guys done that you would recommend? Or what would you advise against?

Personally... DON'T DO "ALONG THE SILK ROAD" unless you enjoy slides and slides of artefacts accompanied with a boring lecturer's monotone.

tempco

HSC
that's for sure. i mean, the webct forums are more active than this. :rolleyes:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I think UNSW forum is quite because everyone is really dedicated and study study study! :D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Survivor39 said:
I think UNSW forum is quite because everyone is really dedicated and study study study! :D
Well I don't want us to have a rep of being anti-social geeks... we're fun geeks!

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
Exams destroy my fun and ever so interesting e-life. And I doubt many people will spend a lot of time on the net after exams...PARTY!!

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Curry said:
Exams destroy my fun and ever so interesting e-life. And I doubt many people will spend a lot of time on the net after exams...PARTY!!
Exactly... exam time is perfect opportunity :p

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Yeah well I'll take up either Spanish or French, although doin it fo a sem or two won't do me any good.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I was gonna do a language next semester..unfortunately I've done my max 6CP from the arts faculty..

Instead, I'm cheating and doing Intro to Tax from the Law faculty, which will be SO easy for me since I've done the LEGT2751 - Business Taxation this session.

Contemporary Japan is fun - you study some anime

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
If I wanna finish in 3 years I have to do my gen eds in the summer so I don't want to pick anything too heavy! Languages sound interesting but heavy.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
InfiniteQ said:
I believe out of all uni threads, UNSW seems to be one of the most dead ones! Come on people... we can do better than that... Macquarie are meeting up for orgies for crying out loud!

Anyway, more importantly... what GenEds have you guys done that you would recommend? Or what would you advise against?

Personally... DON'T DO "ALONG THE SILK ROAD" unless you enjoy slides and slides of artefacts accompanied with a boring lecturer's monotone.
I don't post much but use bos to procrastinate or when i really am bored.

As to GenEds, well i do psych as my major and 1st yr psych can also be offered as a gened.

Word of caution though, it's interesting but requires a lot of contact hours. From memory it's 4-5 hrs a week. 3 lects, an additional methodology/stats lect and ur tute.

Haven't heard much about other geneds. THe online ones require Webct participation. That's all i know.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
InfiniteQ said:
If I wanna finish in 3 years I have to do my gen eds in the summer so I don't want to pick anything too heavy! Languages sound interesting but heavy.
Yeh languages take up a lot of time. I THINK it's about 6 contact hours p/wk if done during session? Not sure but i'm guessing ppl would be doing it with normal ppl enrolled in those courses as part of their degree or as an elective

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
GENEDs i've done:
Introduction to australian economy: craptacular/poring... (tho should be easy for those who've done micro/macro) - not recommended
Astronomy: altho the lectures are rather poring, the night viewing classes are quite fun - recommended

btw Minai, what do u mean u've already done ur max 6CP from the arts faculty? is that the limit for GENEDs for all courses?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Sarah said:
Yeh languages take up a lot of time. I THINK it's about 6 contact hours p/wk if done during session? Not sure but i'm guessing ppl would be doing it with normal ppl enrolled in those courses as part of their degree or as an elective
Yeah Psych sounds like a lot of work too... I heard there were some phys ed type ones... they sound interesting!

Sarah

HSC
N/A
InfiniteQ said:
Yeah Psych sounds like a lot of work too... I heard there were some phys ed type ones... they sound interesting!
Yeh there are some other psych geneds out there. Not sure how many contact hrs they are.

Psych 1a and 1b are definately interesting so perhaps u could check out a few lects if ur curious to know what its about

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Psyc is really BORING! Don't do it!
The methodology/stat lectures are HORRIBLE! Don't listen to Sarah! :D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
gress <3 tig said:
theres 'concepts of physical fitness and health' offered by med, highly recommended.
That's the one! I really wanna do... do you have stuff left over from it... notes etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)