• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WHERE ARE YOU UP2? (take 3) (3 Viewers)

nit

HSC
Well I did do a fair bit of work, but somehow the amount of work was always incongruous with results for english advanced. I'm just glad that I don't have to encounter the randomness associated with the advanced english course and the markers any longer.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
nit said:
Well I did do a fair bit of work, but somehow the amount of work was always incongruous with results for english advanced. I'm just glad that I don't have to encounter the randomness associated with the advanced english course and the markers any longer.
Hehe...true.
That's the beauty of maths and science - you're either right or wrong (in most situations).

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hehe...true.
That's the beauty of maths and science - you're either right or wrong (in most situations).
Unfortunately.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
Unfortunately.
I guess it has its positives and negatives.
I like maths/science because there's not much room for dispute. In English, one marker could give you 10/20, while another could give you 16/20 for the same response - that doesn't usually happen in maths/science subjects.

On the downside, you can't fudge as much in maths and science. At least in Economics/Business/History etc. you can make stuff up if you're desperate :)

ishq

brown?
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I guess it has its positives and negatives.
I like maths/science because there's not much room for dispute. In English, one marker could give you 10/20, while another could give you 16/20 for the same response - that doesn't usually happen in maths/science subjects.

On the downside, you can't fudge as much in maths and science. At least in Economics/Business/History etc. you can make stuff up if you're desperate :)
I fudge in Biology constantly.
Its what makes me so biologically proficient.
:D

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
ishq said:
I fudge in Biology constantly.
Its what makes me so biologically proficient.
Hehe.
Hmm...well I managed to fudge in the MX1 HSC exam last year - a very rare opportunity, but an opportunity nonetheless. I used to fudge a lot in Year 10 History...it served me well :)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I fudged English in year 11 - it didn't work. so now I'm actually putting effort in (like doing assignments 2 days before due instead of 1) - that does work.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I fudged English in year 11 - it didn't work. so now I'm actually putting effort in (like doing assignments 2 days before due instead of 1) - that does work.
Hmmm...
No... one day still works for me.
Especially for essays. So its fresh on your mind.
Well, at least that's my excuse.

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
I always start an assignment the day I get it, even if it's not much (e.g. one sentence), but it gives me a sort of "peace of mind" that I've at least started it...strange, but it feels better to have done a heading than nothing at all.

illucid

HSC
N/A
I never studied at all till Year 11.....

Even then i only did for end year exams.....

Just to let you know i'm studying 4u english, 4u maths, Chem, SOR1, Music 1 (my lazy bludge subject i'm doing purely for fun!)

A bit back sliderule said something about Chem being something he had to work more for than ext 2 maths. Well it sounds funny really but i think i *probably* put more work in for chem than ext 2 maths as well (i actually like ext 2 more though)... Not that i'm an exemplary maths child.

With the fudging in sciences vs. "arts". I did it for everything in school cert... Band 6 across the board. Its not really that hard but then in English last year (yr 11) our coordinator was out for my blood and i couldn't do that anymore.... She made sure that i wasn't even passing unless i had absolutely nothing she could pick on -which was impossible in a creative writing piece- I ended up with a 10/25 in a piece for extension when the previous assignment (not marked by her) got me a 23/25 (was similar quality)... I still ended up coming first and she ended up moving. So i'm happy :D

Doing pretty well though this year 1st's and 2nd's in most things... But i am a "westie" so i don't really expect anything special.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Wow, this thread has spirilled off topic so slowly I didn't notice. Try and steer it back on topic or I will close it.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
McLake said:
Wow, this thread has spirilled off topic so slowly I didn't notice. Try and steer it back on topic or I will close it.
No probs...

To update: my class hasn't progressed any further due to half-yearlies :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)