• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Where did The Simpsons turn bad? (1 Viewer)

UsydLisa

HSC
Hey y'all, I was just reading this great article on The Simpsons and I thought you guys would be interested. :skip:

What do you guys think? These recent episodes aren't as good, I think it's this dwelling thing the article mentions. :apig:

My breath smells like cat food.

HSC
N/A
After season 9, or 10. Still some good episodes here and there with the possibility of renewal in seasons 13 and 14 but from then on in it was dead dead dead.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
where did they turn bad?

down the hall, first door to your left.

anyscope

HSC
It's so devestatingly sad... and it's just a television show. Why am I getting so upset!?

I think it went bad when the writers stop caring about quality, and began caring about their big, fat paychecks.

So sad :(

-Ego

HSC
I don't even bother watching the show anymore.

People are just bored of the show since it's been going for years.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Since 2002.

They got greedy and didnt give a fuck anymore. Rumour has it they moved their attention to Futurama.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
There are still good episodes in the newer seasons but the best episodes are in the earlier ones.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
died around season 14 imo
use to watch it pretty much everyday, but now i watch it only if im realllly bored..

HSC
N/A
Since 2002.

They got greedy and didnt give a fuck anymore. Rumour has it they moved their attention to Futurama.
Different writers all together you moronic sped. They lost Cohen and Keeler. The rest were more or less Futurama originals and not sourced from The Simpsons.

SDES

MUP DA DOO BIX NOOD
HSC
I can't pinpoint a specific date or season, but I think the newer HD episodes are especially bad (not in terms of comedic content; not better or worse than any of their recent episodes).

There's a lot of 'empty' space around, since it's in 16:9 aspect ratio. Like this episode where the Simpsons were huddling around a big pot with some Italian guy who isn't Luigi - approximately 1/3 or 2/3 of the screen was just the floor, nothing else.

Dr. Oyster

HSC
Different writers all together you moronic sped. They lost Cohen and Keeler. The rest were more or less Futurama originals and not sourced from The Simpsons.
Any reason why Futurama is still so good yet Simpsons are so shit now?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I agree it's shittier than before, but it's still better than any alternative on free TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)