Where do you rank? Take a Free Online Physics Exam (1 Viewer)

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok fair enough... cheers for the feedback guys. Much appreciated!

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Can you make one for biology soon?
Economics and Bio are next on the list... unfortunately they wont be done before this year's HSC.

This is really only the "MVP" (minimum viable product) in start-up speak.

We are trying to see if you guys like the concept, iron out the bugs and look at any additional features you think might be useful.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
How accurate is your atar estimator?

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
How accurate is your atar estimator?
There are still a few bugs which we are working on (as you mentioned earlier its giving you a 100 ATAR which should read 99.95).

As you probably know there are only guestimates when it comes to ATAR and you have to make quite a few assumptions.

To be honest, the purpose of the ATAR planner is not to give pin point accurate ATAR estimates, but rather to help people understand how the ATAR works and how you should be approaching your study. When I did the HSC, I didn't really understand the process and just studied randomly hoping for the best. I realise now this probably cost me 2 or 3 ATAR points.

Its probably not as relevant for someone who is at a top school and ranking top of their year... But for the average student who has a target ATAR in mind, it breaks the ATAR down for you, gives you percentile goals, and theoretically a way to gauge yourself relative to those goals.

HAX0R

HSC
I'm in year 7 and I accidentally did it. I quit after the first question and now my physics score is stuffed up (Not a proper estimate), so I ragequit and just left the site.

HAX0R

HSC
Nice website though, gives us a good indication of our ATAR. However, I entered my target ATAR as 99.75, yet it still sets it to 100. Is this a common bug or what?

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Nice website though, gives us a good indication of our ATAR. However, I entered my target ATAR as 99.75, yet it still sets it to 100. Is this a common bug or what?
It rounds to the nearest whole number at the moment... Cheers for the feedback.

Will let my dev guys know.

HAX0R

HSC
Could you possibly delete my account so I can re-register? Username is HAX0R. Cheers.

fionarykim

HSC
this is really cool!
thanks!

How accurate are the estimates?
because im given an estimate of 98 and i find that quite hard to believe LOL

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
A bit off topic, but related to the website:

This line is misleading:
Moderated school assessment marks are distributed according to rank.
They aren't distributed according to rank. They are distributed by how you position based on gaps relative to other students. BOS does not say, 'since you are 10th, you shall receive a mark of xx'.

And a bit before that:
The problem is that 90% is meaningless. What matters is Marcus' rank.
Ranks do not matter at all, except first and last. That 90% by itself is indeed meaningless, but it is meaningful when compared to other marks in the grade. If he got 90% and the first 4 marks were say 93, 92, 92 and 91, and the lower 5 ranged from 60 to 70, this is a vastly different scenario than if the first 4 marks were 99, 99, 98 and 97, and the lower 5 ranged from 88 to 90. In both scenarios, Marcus is still ranked 5th, but he would almost certainly receive a higher moderated assessment mark in the first scenario than in the second.

Ranks do not show skewness or outliers, but skewness and outliers are factors in moderating a student's mark.

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
A bit off topic, but related to the website:

This line is misleading:

They aren't distributed according to rank. They are distributed by how you position based on gaps relative to other students. BOS does not say, 'since you are 10th, you shall receive a mark of xx'.

And a bit before that:

Ranks do not matter at all, except first and last. That 90% by itself is indeed meaningless, but it is meaningful when compared to other marks in the grade. If he got 90% and the first 4 marks were say 93, 92, 92 and 91, and the lower 5 ranged from 60 to 70, this is a vastly different scenario than if the first 4 marks were 99, 99, 98 and 97, and the lower 5 ranged from 88 to 90. In both scenarios, Marcus is still ranked 5th, but he would almost certainly receive a higher moderated assessment mark in the first scenario than in the second.

Ranks do not show skewness or outliers, but skewness and outliers are factors in moderating a student's mark.
Ok, cheers for the feedback... its all still a work in process, so this is very helpful.

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Great resource man, any idea of when business and eco exams will be up and running?
Cheers for the feedback... hopefully early next year (unfortunately they wont be ready for this year's HSC).

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
Did anyone do the Chemistry test yet?
Around 30 people have taken chem exam 1... In general, I think these exams are pretty tough and probably too long (I will probably shorten them at some point).

I have done over 100 past papers and tried to pick out all the tricky things they may try and catch you on...

So far the average for chem exam 1 is 21/50 (but I think quite a few people are getting bored and just closing the window).

The top mark is 42 so far.

fionarykim

HSC
I did the physics test
and i got most of it right, but for some reason
it says i got it wrong??

so like, i click B as the answer
and in the results it shows i have B, but it has a crosss
and says correct answer is B?

and i cant redo it or anything, anyway to fix this up?

Duxify

HSC
Uni Grad
I did the physics test
and i got most of it right, but for some reason
it says i got it wrong??

so like, i click B as the answer
and in the results it shows i have B, but it has a crosss
and says correct answer is B?

and i cant redo it or anything, anyway to fix this up?
will PM you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)