Where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Where do you stand?

• Total voters

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I seem to have shifted further left on traditional values, but the rest remains much the same:

Political Outlook: Left (-59.1%)

Economic Policy: Left (-67.4%)

Social Policy: Centre-Left (-26.7%)

Traditional values: Far left (-96.2%)

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
I've never known where I really stand. Most people tell me I'm moderate left, but:

Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you an individually-orientated, materialist, small-government, free-trade, non-absolutist, kind of person.

These characteristics would put you in the overall category of libertarian.

Individual vs Social

You scored 24 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social. This means that politically you are less likely to value the need for group actions and group benefit over individual enterprise and benefit.

Theist vs Materialist

You scored 68 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate.

Big Government vs Small Government

You scored 69 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.

Nationalist vs Internationalist

You scored 58 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to favour international bodies over national ones.

Protectionist vs Free Trader

You scored 68 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are more likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies.

Absolutist vs Non-Absolutist

You scored 78 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs.

Controlled Market vs Liberal Market

You scored 52 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.

Marxist vs Non-Marxist

You scored 45 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to follow the philosophies of Marx.

But then: http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-0.62&soc=-3.23

Economic Left/Right: -0.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

I'm a lost little soul...

Eh, well if anything, I'm centre.

Last edited:

nick1689

HSC
I would still say my mind isnt set about where I am on the spectrum, but moderate left sounds about right. Social democracy, from what Ive read (which, granted, isnt very much) sounds like its the right way to go, especially with the current financial crisis.

I definately place fair trade above free trade, and think that markets should be regulated. Free market ideology fails on so many practical levels

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Having said that I am still skeptical of supporting the liberal party and do not plan to do so any time soon.
Why's that?

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
Your broad political orientation score is 4.1%, which equates to a ‘Centre’ position
Your economic policy score score is 36.8%. This equates to a ‘Centre Right’ position
Your social policy score is -16.1%. This equates to a ‘Centre Left’ position
Your traditional values score is -26.3%. This equates to a ‘Centre Left’ position

interesting. overall i'd consider myself more centre right than left. will vote liberal.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Pls come back Generator. I'm getting too much pressure to be the wise old responsible member, and this is not my charm. I need a rock like you to anchor to and thrash around

HSC
Greens 81.1%
Democrats 89.5%
Labor 72.7%
Family First 45.5%
Liberal 41.8%
National 33.2%
One Nation 23.4%

Come back Natasha :(

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
cool man, whatever

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Economic Left/Right: 8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.82

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
For reasons of personal safety I'll stick with being centre right. I find staunch lefties are whiney, and fanatical righties are scary.
:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23

Just call me Gandhi, I guess.
Softer in my old age?

ay0_x

HSC
Re: BOS political compass scatterplot

I'd really like to see this too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)