Where to for economics statistics (1 Viewer)

FortheAtar26

HSC
Hi all,

Sure I can use the textbooks however I was wondering how you source economic statistics, and not just the basic ones.

For example the charts in the textbooks are good at showing trends, however I'm more looking for specific statistics from particular periods e.g. GFC, 201--15.

I feel as if I spend way too long looking for the "gold" statistics.

Any help would be appreciated

si2136

HSC
N/A
The Reserve Bank of Australia.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
No it doesn't!! If you go onto 10 years I just get a line graph (for the link above)
bruhhh ... if you press the button next to MAX (which is next to 10Y) press 'column' and numbers appear...

marxman

HSC
Trading economics is very good - otherwise RBA or ABS is best. Often in textbooks, just look out for the ABS catalog number and make a note of it, then either get your teacher or someone else you know with fairly good excel knowledge to search exactly what you are looking for.

Otherwise trading economics is the best tool possible for having up to date statistics all in one place.

Australian debt clock is also a fun one to look at if you are really desperate.

FortheAtar26

HSC
bruhhh ... if you press the button next to MAX (which is next to 10Y) press 'column' and numbers appear...
I may not be being clear but I meant the "number" for each individual column. Does this work for you on the 10 year??

FortheAtar26

HSC
None in particular, just for ease during essay's. Sure there's numbers on the side, but not for 10 years on the individual bar Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 10.31.01 PM.png

FortheAtar26

HSC
None in particular, just for ease during essay's. Sure there's numbers on the side, but not for 10 years on the individual bar View attachment 33259 - that's what I would like!!

EconomicsLegend

HSC
Yeah I had the same issue. I wanted the number on each individual column for the 10 year graph for my assessment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)