where to get off (1 Viewer)

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
if i go on bus from eddie avenue at central station, do i go on 392? and how do i know when to get off? Can anyone give some sort of landmark.

so many thanks

LordPc

HSC
get a brown travel 10, it gives you 10 bus trips

go to the very last stand on eddy avenue after you cross the road first. catch the 891 (be sure to stick your brown travel 10 in one of the green boxes first), bus will take you straight to UNSW, no stops

ive found this to be the easiest method

karnage

HSC
From what i grasped

Theres the 391, 393, 395 which are the normal buses and the 891 express bus

You get off when you see this massive long walkway which is anzac road entrance to the uni. But just follow the asians LOL

Edit: Im using a travelpass, it lets you use the trains buses and ferries, so it works out cheaper for me i think.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
391, 393, 395 takes you to the anzac parade entrance. You can take the 891 express (prepay only) to high street, perpendicular to anzac parade. The 891 takes you to gates 2, 8 and 9. Gate 2 is lower campus, gate 8 is upper, which saves you walking up all the stairs.

the 895 express operates outside NIDA on anzac parade. It takes you straight back to eddy avenue central.

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
From what i grasped

Theres the 391, 393, 395 which are the normal buses and the 891 express bus

You get off when you see this massive long walkway which is anzac road entrance to the uni. But just follow the asians LOL
if you catch the 891, like someone said, it will drop you straight at the uni, no stops in between. and like this person said, just follow the crowd heading into the uni (you'll end up outside the uni itself and will then walk through some carparks etc). do what i did - pick someone who looks like they know where they're going and just follow them, lol.

if you catch the 391, 393 or 395, these will stop at many places between central and UNSW. as far as landmarks go, i've found the most helpful ones to be the big NIDA building (looking out the right-hand side of the bus - big brick building with a massive 'NIDA' sign, you can't miss it), and the UNSW sign itself, which has lit-up scrolling text and is in amongst lots of greenery (you see this out the left-hand side). once you pass NIDA and the UNSW sign, get out at the very next stop, and once again, just follow everyone else.

alternatively, don't worry about landmarks, and just wait until almost the entire busload of people suddenly gets off the bus, and follow.

i'm sorry if this sounded patronizing or really obvious...but i had the exact same sorts of worries (i started a month ago for a bridging course), so i hope this has helped :)

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
funny when i got off the express bus at gate 2 today, everyone was following me.

erm

HSC
391, 393, 395 takes you to the anzac parade entrance. You can take the 891 express (prepay only) to high street, perpendicular to anzac parade. The 891 takes you to gates 2, 8 and 9. Gate 2 is lower campus, gate 8 is upper, which saves you walking up all the stairs.

the 895 express operates outside NIDA on anzac parade. It takes you straight back to eddy avenue central.
this should be stickied.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahaha, my sis was there today, she said she followed everyone else.
I remember i did that too, lol@memories.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Just a little tip.

If you don't manage to catch the 891.

391 >> 395 >393

duckling

HSC
N/A
don't forget 891 is prepay only
Just wanted to add that the web site www.131500.com.au is great for info on getting around by any method of transport. The buses no. 10 from Park and Pitt go to UNSW, as well as the L94 from near St James Station, if this helps. Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)