Where to now.... (1 Viewer)

Dorn

HSC
What courses should i apply for with a ATAR of 88.

im clueless and dont know what area would be best to get into,i really have no prefrence... :frown2:

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
What courses should i apply for with a ATAR of 88.

im clueless and dont know what area would be best to get into,i really have no prefrence... :frown2:
You can probably apply for most things at WSU (other than Medicine).

helloimyellow

HSC
What passions do you have? It's a bit hard to suggest a course when we don't know your character or what your goals are.

turntaker

HSC
Thats what happens when people dont have interests.

MathsN00b

HSC
Try looking at what subjects you did really well in and see if you can find careers and courses that may relate to those subjects.
You can try looking at the myfuture website (you need to create an account with your email) or other career websites and look around.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I would suggest a broad degree for you e.g, science, arts or a double degree of science and arts. That way you can narrow down to learning anything you like basically or transfer easily into other programs if you change your mind.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
go through the uac book and do a process of elimination, eliminate first by uni (e.g. "southern cross? never heard of it - not going there") and then go through each of the degrees and read the description and see if you like it (e.g. "i hate animals - eww animal science *crosses it out*")

hopefully, by the end of it all, you have about 10-20 courses to do more in depth research on

that's what i did - a fun afternoon that day in year 12

Dorn

HSC
THanks for the responses never hurts to ask around.

I did best in ECO and PHYS my first preference is commerce and engineering at uts but i suppose i can alwasy change if i dont like it;...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
It may be worth delaying entering university for a little while, and working full time for the next year.

A university degree isn't something that you should rush into, and it can end up being very expensive!!

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
I would suggest a broad degree for you e.g, science, arts or a double degree of science and arts. That way you can narrow down to learning anything you like basically or transfer easily into other programs if you change your mind.
This is bullshit advice do not listen to it unless your parents are paying for your uni degree. University is NOT for discovering who you are/what you want to do for the rest of your life. A normal 3 year bachelors degree will cost you atleast $20,000 plus interest. Do you really think that it should cost you $20k to just figure out who you want to be ? No way !! If you don't know, have a good think about it, do some free research on the internet, libraries, people etc. until you've figured out atleast what field you want to go into. If you have done this and for some reason still do not have any preference, then I'd recommend any STEM related degree. Also remember that university is about way more than just the degree...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
This is bullshit advice do not listen to it unless your parents are paying for your uni degree. University is NOT for discovering who you are/what you want to do for the rest of your life. A normal 3 year bachelors degree will cost you atleast $20,000 plus interest. Do you really think that it should cost you $20k to just figure out who you want to be ? No way !! If you don't know, have a good think about it, do some free research on the internet, libraries, people etc. until you've figured out atleast what field you want to go into. If you have done this and for some reason still do not have any preference, then I'd recommend any STEM related degree. Also remember that university is about way more than just the degree...
Found the stingy kid

There's HECS for a reason ya know

AppleTea

HSC
can't you just like sign up for first month then drop... and repeat with other courses lol

i know my bro dropped out 3 weeks in for no charge

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I see where zen is coming from, you don't wanna bury yourself in debt hecs or not

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
20k is actually nothing most courses are much higher

can't you just like sign up for first month then drop... and repeat with other courses lol

i know my bro dropped out 3 weeks in for no charge
Yes but what are you gonna get out of 3 weeks

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
hecs isnt interest tho? I thought it was only adjusted for inflation

and lol

Queen wasnt saying spend that time to discover yourself she said arts and science are very flexible so you can do subjects and if you change yoir mind later you can get a credit transfer

also calm down m8

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
I agree with the broad degrees (science, arts and so on). Better chance of finding what you actually like through them.

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
hecs isnt interest tho? I thought it was only adjusted for inflation

and lol

Queen wasnt saying spend that time to discover yourself she said arts and science are very flexible so you can do subjects and if you change yoir mind later you can get a credit transfer

also calm down m8
Good point about the interest, I didn't realise that. But regardless I would still highly unrecommend doing broad degree. By doing B arts/B science, you can pretty much do courses in anything and that's the point. You would do one, take a bunch of different, unrelated courses until you found what you're interested in and want to do in life. So that is basically the same thing that I was talking about before (I exagerate a little but meh). But otherwise, I don't think you should go to uni to study a bit of everything, (if that's what you mean) you really need to limit your options down otherwise you'll be competing in a job market where everyone is better than you. Lastly m8, raging is all part of the fun - makes it interesting

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Good point about the interest, I didn't realise that. But regardless I would still highly unrecommend doing broad degree. By doing B arts/B science, you can pretty much do courses in anything and that's the point. You would do one, take a bunch of different, unrelated courses until you found what you're interested in and want to do in life. So that is basically the same thing that I was talking about before (I exagerate a little but meh). But otherwise, I don't think you should go to uni to study a bit of everything, (if that's what you mean) you really need to limit your options down otherwise you'll be competing in a job market where everyone is better than you. Lastly m8, raging is all part of the fun - makes it interesting ������
you wouldn't be doing a bunch of unrelated courses at all, all first year courses are usually core and the same.
Don't know how the job market has anything to do with anything I said because obviously OP will be limiting himself to learning something eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)