HSC
stamos said:
I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF THAT THE THAI PLACE GOT CLOSED DOWN

FUCK DAVID HUME'S PLAN TO HAVE A MILLION KEBAB SHOPS

DEATH TO KIRSTEN HUNTER FOR CLOSING IT

WE ELECTED THEM AND THEY TROD ON US

IT'S TIME FOR REVENGE
Ouch!

In my defence (and by my defence I mean the Source's defence), with VSU coming in some of the food outlets on campus will need to close over the holidays. The simple reason is that the holiday campus population is simply not big enough to support all 12 of the Source's outlets.

Unfortunately, very few trained Asian Noodle Chefs will work sessionally. If you're a trained noodle chef you can get full time work, and not just work for 28 weeks a year. We tried for six months to find someone who could operate the Thai place on reduced trading, but to no avail. The only option (other than having a vacant thai place and less food available for students) was to bring in another offer.

And in my personal defence, I don't have the power to make decisions whether or not to close things. Decisions like this are made by the entire Board, of which I am one of fourteen. Just thought you should know ;)

stamos

sellout
HSC
forgive me for not trusting you after you shut my favorite thai place

esquared

HSC
bshoc said:
As apposed to being spoonfed the "correct way of thinking" ? Thats even "worse" than what I'm doing, you just dont realize it.
you know, there's ways of staking your claim as a unique individual that don't end up with you making a fool of yourself.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
It's cold outside.

Changes subject.

I propose that the commerce quad needs more shade. It's frigging hot in that place during summer and spring.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
My thoughts on the commerce quad were made quite clear before. I propose all seats face into the sun, so that in winter the whole front row is exposed to the warm loving warming sun, and during summer most of it is still under cover.

Shouldn't this be discussed in that general chat thingo?

Also, I propose that the Mathews Theatres be torn down, and turned into a theatre complex that has more comfortable seating and less problems with the airconditioning and speakers. That theatre place is a derelict hellhole.

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
I propose that the Mathews Theatre floors be replaced with non porous material so it does not smell like China Town each time I have a math lecture in there.

Racism, like I said, is hilarious.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Why does everyone hate the matthews theatres so much? I don't think they're that bad.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The speakers don't work

The airconditioning is slow

The airconditioning doesn't work (either that or the lecturers make an extra effort to send people to sleep in Theatre A)

The seats are uncomfortable

The little table dealies are all broken

The wood looks cheap

elfm

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
The speakers don't work

The airconditioning is slow

The airconditioning doesn't work (either that or the lecturers make an extra effort to send people to sleep in Theatre A)

The seats are uncomfortable

The little table dealies are all broken

The wood looks cheap
the speakers do work...

airconditioning is slow in most rooms (e.g. CLB). the only reason why it's cold in some rooms the moment you enter is because they were turned on ages before you went in.

the seats and tables are fine to me

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
When Dr. Louise Lutze-Mann (who has the coolest name and is also one of the best lecturers so far (LM>Paul Chandler>Dave Edwards) was talking about genes and gene division on Thursday, every 3 seconds or so the speakers would cut out. Now my apologies, as it was actually the microphone that wasn't working. Alas, she had to use the handheld microphone. Hence it is the microphone that sucks, not the speakers...

The seats are uncomfortable. Maybe you have a large ass and it's nice and padded for you :p. I on the other hand have a complete lack of padding in that regard, and hence find the seats hard, uneasy and uncomfortable.

I also find tables that cannot stand up without the assistance of a human limb to not be fine.

And as Curry said, it stinks, much like the general precinct around the Mathews Building.

-----

Moving on, someone needs to fix that "Check Air Flow" message in CLB 8. It's getting kinda old...

the urbanite

HSC
Try the Laksa's from Satay Delight in the Mathews Arcade. The Laksa's are quality and they're 'bout $6 which is damn cheap. However, although the Arcade has plenty of seats it's a dismal place. You might want to put a lid on those laksa's and carry them back into the sunlight. Be warned, the queues at lunch time stretch round the block. Don't be tempted to go to the other store further along the arcade on the left. It's called Festy Bites and should be avoided at all costs!

Btw, the Mathews Arcade is the northern walkway running under the Mathews Theatres. The arcade starts from the north-east of the Library Lawn . When you enter the arcade it's the store on your right-hand side.

elfm

HSC
satay delight's pre-cooked chinese meals sitting there on the hotplates or whatever they call them are so grotty. they look absolutely horrid. the best chinese food is at ivans fernery at the roundhouse without a doubt. the guy there is really friendly and funny and it's an overall good place there - it's like an actual chinese restaurant inside. upsides are its value for money and service (the friendly boss guy came around and poured free soy drink for our whole table because most of us were regulars there), downsides are its seclusion from uni

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
stamos said:
I AM REALLY REALLY REALLY PISSED OFF THAT THE THAI PLACE GOT CLOSED DOWN

FUCK DAVID HUME'S PLAN TO HAVE A MILLION KEBAB SHOPS

DEATH TO KIRSTEN HUNTER FOR CLOSING IT

WE ELECTED THEM AND THEY TROD ON US

IT'S TIME FOR REVENGE
LOL what does David have to do with this?

stamos

sellout
HSC
he had a kebab shop fetish

a kebab shop replaced the thai one

therefore it is somehow his fault

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)