whether to repeat year 12? Please Help (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
As mentioned above, repeating year 12 is about the stupidest thing you can do. The only exception to this is if something prevented you from completing the HSC (sickness, major family/personal crisis). You are far better off going to uni and doing some courses which relate to your desired degree and then transfering (its possible to complete some units for your desired degree before you get there). This is a much better use of your time then wasting a year re-doing the HSC.

Also to add, when most people repeat the HSC, the problems that plagued them during round one also plague them during the repeat (i.e. lack of motivation etc).

jason2kool

HSC
DO NOT REPEAT. A mate of mine got like a 67 atar got into uws medsci, 4 years down the track... is now in medicine.
:)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Don't repeat.

If you gtet a Bad ATAR, and that is IF

Go to tafe or a another degree and transfer

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't repeat.

If you gtet a Bad ATAR, and that is IF

Go to tafe or a another degree and transfer
yeah that

I'd suggest the "another degree and transfer" bit though.

eat_well

HSC
I admittedly have thought of repeating but it just isn't worth it. All the early mornings, the studying required, and the possibility of not doing better. It's a waste of a year in my opinion. High school is one of the most painful things you ever have to go through.

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
That's not true. There is no pre-requisite.
I know people who're in the course and have completed engineering without MX1, so yeah I agree with this.
But back to OP, stick with it to the end if you can and see the outcome, then would be the most appropriate time to determine whether it's a good decision to repeat.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
I know people who're in the course and have completed engineering without MX1, so yeah I agree with this.
Although not a pre-requisite, its a good idea to have fulfilled the "assumed knowledge" requirements of a course (especially when the assumed knowledge is something like MX1 or MX2). Although there are bridging courses, its hard to learn an entire HSC subject in a few weeks. Its just something which can make the degree that extra bit more difficult.

yoyoyoshi

HSC
N/A
Although not a pre-requisite, its a good idea to have fulfilled the "assumed knowledge" requirements of a course (especially when the assumed knowledge is something like MX1 or MX2). Although there are bridging courses, its hard to learn an entire HSC subject in a few weeks. Its just something which can make the degree that extra bit more difficult.
Yeah, I personally want to do Marine Biology and knowing there's going to be a good amount of maths involved I'd prefer to do it in my HSC rather than a bridging course ( Still undecided though, I'll need to discuss that with someone ). I don't want to be struggling too much later on when I could of have some insight of what I am getting into now rather than later. But yeah, that's true.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ That.

And you race through stuff so quickly at uni, you'll find it very easy to be three, four or even five weeks behind. That said, you'll also have to deal with understanding the material too.

It takes quite a bit of work to claw back from there - but it is doable.

Kingportable

HSC
Wether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous failure, or take arms against a sea of dishes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)